**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Watching it on bt sport right now, it's the main event!

Well that's weird my listing says swiss super league until 9pm on BT sport 2. Then UFC glasgow at 9pm. Yer just starting now.

Test cricket on bt sport 1....

Just noticed your location, I suspect they show it on tv non live in the country it is on perhaps for ticket sales!

Caporegime
We're on tape delay, figured because it was on BT Sport @ 9 that it was live ... I was watching Fight Night 71 and jumped on MMA Junkie to see the response to the fights and saw most of the results of UFC Glasgow :(

The Mir and Duffee fight was mad!

Caporegime
Close fight with Bisping and Leites, could've gone either way for me. Leites was walking him down and throwing big shots but it felt like Bisping was landing much, much more. Couldn't argue for that to go either way. Bit silly at the end for Bisping to be calling out the likes of Rockhold and Weidman though, don't fancy his chances against any of those guys :p

Soldato
Great event. Well worth the money for the ticket, the atmospher was amazing when JoJo came out. My 3 mates I was with all had the main going with Leites whereas I had scored it for Bisping. Very disappointed with Ross, he figured out how to stop the takedowns by the last round, but it was too late by then. Ireland for the next local UFC?

Caporegime
Great event. Well worth the money for the ticket, the atmospher was amazing when JoJo came out. My 3 mates I was with all had the main going with Leites whereas I had scored it for Bisping. Very disappointed with Ross, he figured out how to stop the takedowns by the last round, but it was too late by then. Ireland for the next local UFC?

Yep, Dublin in October.

No idea when they'll be coming back to England, last event was what, 18 months ago? Nothing scheduled either.

Associate
Enjoyed the Mir fight, but every time I watch him I worry about his cardio.

If he had fought at 188 in Mexico City he'd be gassed by the end of the ring walk :D

Soldato
I would love a backlash from the fighters, especially the one's which aren't happy about the sponsorship deals anyway.

Doubt it will happen much more than the "it won't be the same without you" tweets worried they will be down the road too.

Soldato
Getting rid of Burt was a complete non-issue for me, no idea how the guy even had a career.

However I can't agree with the UFC getting rid of the best cut man in the business - that is going to have a direct impact on fighter safety and well being. I just can't support that, its a massive overreaction to some pretty mild comments that he has made.

Soldato
That's just BS...

Another BS thing is Todd Duffee's paycheck for the main event vs mir was $12000.....after trainer, gym, medical fees etc he's gonna end up with very little.
This used to be made up for by the sponser deals but as with the new reebok deal he's getting sweet FA.

Caporegime
Sure does seem the lower featured fighters are getting the serious shaft with this deal. The UFC will spin it that the fighters are getting the money from the deal, but that doesn't take away the fact that most of them will be out of pocket.

Not surprised people are speaking out about it, i'm equally unsurprised people are getting sacked off the back of it.

To cap it off, the 'uniforms' look utter generic gash.

Back
Top Bottom