Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
Fitted a set of RS floor mats, a new gearstick gaiter and a new high level brake light to the old 182. I've also got a new retrimmed steering wheel on order via "Snappy" on Cliosport. Decided to try and tidy the old girl up as I'm just going to keep it until it breaks as its now almost worthless to anyone else.

I also ordered a couple of genuine rear exhaust hangers and centre hanger and to my surprise it looks like they have been uprated. The rear hangers are now full of rubber rather that the 4 "arms" of the previous type. Suppose only time will tell if they are any better. Need to arrange to have them fitted.

Unfortunately I think the car needs a new clutch. When I push the clutch in I get a tapping noise, its quiet at the moment, but I think the release bearing is on the way out. I've managed to get the Valeo clutch kit for £97 but I'm not looking forward to the price of fitting.

Last edited:
Associate
Well i havent seen it for a while, hence the use of the past tense 'had'.

Probably 12months or so?

I bought my Clio brand new in March 2010 and the plate was purchased direct from DVLA in March 2010 too.

Neither have ever been sold and the plate has not been transfered to any other vehicles.

Associate
from what I can gather CL10 FTW made It onto the car I have fairly early. I paid top dollar for this example with the extra details it had, bertie knew he had a good one and was holding out for the right buyer. it was a rare combination and he and lee had looked after it very well.

found this dyno chart in the paperwork which was pretty cool, explains why it feels so lively low down in the rev's. This car is a hooligan, not outright fast but huge amounts of fun and you can throw it into a corner without worrying about it spitting you out the other end in an unexpected direction.

Soldato
My '02 172 made me weep yesterday.

Went in for rear pads and disks change, get a call an hour later, both rear calipers also needed changing, brake line is corroded, job soon doubles up in price.

Also they told me that the ABS isn't connected :eek: Has had 2 MOT's since i've owned it and not come up on either.

I don't drive like an idiot and rag it around...well not much ;) How much will the ABS issue affect me, considering i've had it 2 years now and it's not been an issue that i've seen.

Associate
There are cars driving around on the road without ABS.

So I am sure day to day driving won't be affected. I drove my Trophy around for a few weeks before I got a chance to have one of the sensors replaced and in that time the ABS wasn't functional. Still here to tell the tale ... :D

Associate
My '02 172 made me weep yesterday.

Went in for rear pads and disks change, get a call an hour later, both rear calipers also needed changing, brake line is corroded, job soon doubles up in price.

Also they told me that the ABS isn't connected :eek: Has had 2 MOT's since i've owned it and not come up on either.

I don't drive like an idiot and rag it around...well not much ;) How much will the ABS issue affect me, considering i've had it 2 years now and it's not been an issue that i've seen.

Be odd if there is no SERV light up? As ABS faults should come up.

Rear calipers are fairly common to seize up unfortunately.

Soldato
Be odd if there is no SERV light up? As ABS faults should come up.

Mechanic reckons previous owner has removed a light from the dash.

Gonna get it diagnostic read after next pay day and see what it says in regards to ABS. I need to replace the front shocks so the mechanic said he'll do the diagnostics under the same job and not charge me for it.

Soldato
Got a "Snappy" steering wheel refurb to fit at some point on the 182. The steering wheel on my car is probably one of the better ones as it not all that melted but the refurb is rather nice :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom