Client unhappy with me posting a few images of there wedding day on my Facebook page

Soldato
No way in a million years will ill give them free prints ! If someone is rude to me like that **** em , To be honest my work is well above average for photographers in my area , this is the only guy out of 10 weddings that has been a gurk ! every other couple has asked me to post a sneak peek of photos . I am a documentary photographer this is how I role, :) , just because a lot of you follow the crowd , I have my own style and way of doing things, The bride was ok with me posting photos but her husband wasn't , a little mis communication, What bad can he say ? Oh don't hire him he will post your snaps on the internet before you see them lol , clients look at two things , one = How good your photos are , well mine are bloody amazing & two your attitude and how you interact with people when doing your job , again I am one of the most chilled out fun people too be around when shooting a wedding , I smile non stop and make everyone feel at ease and capture there day in the best possible way.

May sound a little cocky but I am good at what I do , if I wasn't people wouldn't hire me.

One thing that makes me good is this is not a profession for me , It's a hobby and I enjoy every moment of capturing peoples weddings for them.

Cheers.

What a fantastic attitude :rolleyes:

Caporegime
The groom will say you have a bad attitude and don't hire him. He will talk down every aspect of your work, because you have got into his bad books and will not get recommendations from him.

Your reputation will be one of an arrogant photographer who isn't respectful to his clients.

There should be no distinction if this is your full time or part time work, there should be no distinction if the client picks your lowest or highest price package, there should be no distinction in quality of service in all areas of your work, that goes from your photos to communication. A photographer is more than taking photographers.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The groom will say you have a bad attitude and don't hire him. He will talk down every aspect of your work, because you have got into his bad books and will not get recommendations from him.

Your reputation will be one of an arrogant photographer who isn't respectful to his clients.

There should be no distinction if this is your full time or part time work, there should be no distinction if the client picks hour lowest or highest price package, there should be no distinction in quality of service in all areas of your work, that goes from your photos to communication. A photographer is more than taking photographers.

Which after that post seems about right to be honest.

Caporegime
It's a good thing it's not your full time job because you'd be eating cold beans out of a tin in no time with that attitude. The right thing to do would have been to apologise and remove the photos.

Caporegime
It is hilarious how different the tone in the OP is to the one he posted later... the first humble and shocked at the abuse from the client (cue sad smiley face), and the second overbearingly arrogant and saying "I'm awesome anyway, **** them".

Sympathy seeking didn't work, so true nature came out on the defensive.

Soldato
No way in a million years will ill give them free prints ! If someone is rude to me like that **** em , To be honest my work is well above average for photographers in my area , this is the only guy out of 10 weddings that has been a gurk ! every other couple has asked me to post a sneak peek of photos . I am a documentary photographer this is how I role, :) , just because a lot of you follow the crowd , I have my own style and way of doing things, The bride was ok with me posting photos but her husband wasn't , a little mis communication, What bad can he say ? Oh don't hire him he will post your snaps on the internet before you see them lol , clients look at two things , one = How good your photos are , well mine are bloody amazing & two your attitude and how you interact with people when doing your job , again I am one of the most chilled out fun people too be around when shooting a wedding , I smile non stop and make everyone feel at ease and capture there day in the best possible way.

May sound a little cocky but I am good at what I do , if I wasn't people wouldn't hire me.

One thing that makes me good is this is not a profession for me , It's a hobby and I enjoy every moment of capturing peoples weddings for them.

Cheers.

Why did they hire you?

Can't type for toffee
Don
I must say I'm kinda with asim on this one! :eek:

I do everything I possibly can to stay away from the cesspool that is facebook and twitter and the likes, If my photo's were posted on facebook and tagged or had my name Added I'd be absolutely livid.

Recently got married at the same time as my (now) sister and we had a double wedding, me and my mate weren't really fussed about photo's but both the bride's spent many many hours tearing the photos to pieces and deciding which they liked most for thank you cards and stuff.

Soldato
His message wasn't rude, it was fair.

It was way out of line to post them online without having the courtesy to ask their permission first. In fact it sounds as if you were expressly asked not to and did it anyway.

You should refund the fee.

Can you post your facebook business? - So I dont ever book you.

Bad attitude and arrogant.

I agree, their initial message was abit strong and no need for the language. But, if you posted my wedding photos before even I had seen them, I'd be miffed too.

Clients you've got come first. Future clients second.

Back
Top Bottom