Windows 10

Soldato
I updated my Surface 2 Pro yesterday without any problems and so far all looks good. My only gripe is OneDrive. I can no longer view my OneDrive folders on my Surface without having to sync all the files locally, which obviously takes up space and defies the whole point of it. Anyone know how I can view my OneDrive folders on Win 10?

Soldato
I am having way too many issues with moving personal folders. All I want is for the documents, pictures folders etc in both this PC on file explorer and also on the side bar to link to a different drive.

The built in settings don't really cut it and doing it using properties - locations is giving me duplicate folders. What do I do guys?

Associate
Every now and then I get a notification that I don't have any Virus software or something like that. I then check the notification area but theres nothing there.

When's the Windows 10 Service Pack being released ;))

Soldato
Every now and then I get a notification that I don't have any Virus software or something like that. I then check the notification area but theres nothing there.

When's the Windows 10 Service Pack being released ;))

Getting that error too. Opened the notification and both Windows Defender and BitDefender were showing as Off, then randomly back on again a few seconds later.

Associate
Getting that error too. Opened the notification and both Windows Defender and BitDefender were showing as Off, then randomly back on again a few seconds later.

Sounds like a background maintenance task where it restarts the services to check for errors and does definition updates.

I've seen similar behaviour running maintenance manually on Windows 8 before.

Associate
sorry to be a pain but got a few questions. seems to be mixed answers here at the moment

1) am i right in saying that I need to do the update to w10 to get it registered and then I will be able to download an iso and do a clean install.
2) if I dont like w10 will i be able to reinstall my retail copy of w7 with the normal key or will that be tied to w10?

thanks

Associate
Out of interest, has anyone here actually managed to get Win 10 upgraded via Windows Update yet without any intervention in the form of manual ISO downloads, forcing updates via CMD, etc? Microsoft really should have done more to make it clear to people they are in a queuing system. I hate seeing update failed 10 times in my installed updates history.

Associate
Out of interest, has anyone here actually managed to get Win 10 upgraded via Windows Update yet without any intervention in the form of manual ISO downloads, forcing updates via CMD, etc? Microsoft really should have done more to make it clear to people they are in a queuing system. I hate seeing update failed 10 times in my installed updates history.

This is annoying me too, over 25 failures from yesterday!

Caporegime

Nope and if I try the manual ISO method it crashes on installing features and drivers 6% :rolleyes:

Associate

This is annoying me too, over 25 failures from yesterday!

No problem here, two machines one custom built, one off the peg acer. Both running Win 7 HP and both upgraded through windows update with no hassles at all.

Soldato
I am having way too many issues with moving personal folders. All I want is for the documents, pictures folders etc in both this PC on file explorer and also on the side bar to link to a different drive.

The built in settings don't really cut it and doing it using properties - locations is giving me duplicate folders. What do I do guys?

And also what does the file location options in the Windows 10 settings actually change? I can't quite work it out!

Soldato

Have you checked you update log?

I had no idea that the install was failing until I checked it and there were lots of failed to update...

I used the media creation tool and chose upgrade this PC now

Pretty much
straight forward from there.....

Soldato

Yep, I did last night. Windows update informed me W10 was ready to install. Clicked ok & it did it all for me.
The 5 hours after that however was taken up trying to clean install to my Msata drive ! :D
Sorted now, I've rejigged my installs so now Windows 10 is installed to my Msata drive, Apps & utilites are on my Crucial 240GB SSD, & games, movies, music, pictures etc are on my 3TB drive.

Only problem I've got at the moment is getting Steam to see the installed games folder. So don't want to have to re-download 1.2TB of games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom