spec me a gaming laptop

Associate
Hi i am looking to buy a gaming laptop when i return home from iraq on 2nd september, i am mainly looking for options at the moment as it is still 35 days until the end of my rotation so all suggestions and info are appreciated.

main uses will be playing battlefield online, some story mode games such as assassins creed etc, possibly recording game play and i watch a lot of movies while on rotation.
B grade is an option also as it will be coming back to this 3rd world country with me after my 3 weeks at home... i know B grade items are limited and will more than likely change by the time i order at the end of august but still good to have that as an option.

budget £1000 give or take a couple of hundred

thanks in advance

Associate
I recently bought an Asus G751JT-T7115H (With the GTX970m) and it's absolutely ace. Search around and you should be able to get it for around £1250. There are cheaper versions going for around £1000 too.

As much as I would've loved to have got the 'JY' version with the GTX980m, it commands an extra £400.

Soldato
Associate
OP
that's a pretty hard choice to make I love the looks of the msi other than that the specs are pretty similar the g series seems to have a bit more of an inner beast though can either of these be upgraded to have raid0 ssd?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
looking at grabbing the GS70 myself, just to clarify shouldnt it come with the new metal gear solid game ?

and whats up with the gtx970m, the spec list says 2 gigs while at two other points on the ocuk store page it says 3 gigs Oo

Last edited:
Soldato
looking at grabbing the GS70 myself, just to clarify shouldnt it come with the new metal gear solid game ?

and whats up with the gtx970m, the spec list says 2 gigs while at two other points on the ocuk store page it says 3 gigs Oo

Hi Gac, the GS70 is a GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5. I will speak with Gibbo tomorrow to update.

Just to clarify as well, this should come with Metal Gear Solid also.

Hope this helps

GAC

GAC

Soldato
thanks for the update Loki, ordered yesterday and already got the ff code, with mgs v not out yet i assume its code will be sent when its released.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Hi Gac, the GS70 is a GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5. I will speak with Gibbo tomorrow to update.

Just to clarify as well, this should come with Metal Gear Solid also.

Hope this helps

any idea how long it should be till the code for Metal Gear turns up ?

Back
Top Bottom