• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
I gave my Fury a bit of a test in UT2004, which is still one of my favourite games. With VSync on to keep it at 60fps, the fan didn't even turn on. It's a bit of any easy test (GPU-Z reported an average of 1% GPU load), but it's still pretty cool to be able to run a high-end GPU fanless while gaming at all.

I played Half Life 1 on a R9 285 a while back it didn't even get out of 2D mode with a silly number of FPS. God the game look terrible though, even at 4k. :D

Associate
Noticed a.n other retailer 1 claims to be receiving the Asus Strix Fury DC3 tomorrow, a.n other retailer 2 shows end of August, wonder if Ocuk are due any ?

Would quite like one, but not prepared to pre-order at the mo without some idea of whether they'll ever arrive.

Soldato
I gave my Fury a bit of a test in UT2004, which is still one of my favourite games. With VSync on to keep it at 60fps, the fan didn't even turn on. It's a bit of any easy test (GPU-Z reported an average of 1% GPU load), but it's still pretty cool to be able to run a high-end GPU fanless while gaming at all.

Had the most fun on ut2k3/2k4 that I have ever had from gaming. UT3 took all that away and I've never been able to recapture that kind of feeling. The invasion mod in 2k3 was just amazing fun, it didn't seem that much fun in 2k4 sadly. Nice to see people still enjoying the game :)

Caporegime
Got mine today. A nice improvement in performance over my 280X, while using the same power.
fury.jpg
inside_white.jpg
And a gratuitous third shot in fiery AMD red.
inside_red.jpg

Very nice! :D

Associate
No mention of the partial unlockability of the Sapphire Fury cards here yet? An overclock.net user by the name of TX12 managed to get the card working with half of the disabled units activated, resulting in 3800 something shaders. He accomplished this in a "lab environment" but he also reckoned this will quite possibly become available as a bios mod soonish.

Can't be bothered to dig up the thread right now but it's the big Fiji-themed one near the top of the AMD cards section. :)

Associate
Got mine today, pleased with the performance increase from my 290, especially in Witcher. GTA V with most settings cranked and 2x MSAA was lurvly! Happy with my purchase! New PSU aswell for xfire in the new year.

4zLZ6sh.jpeg

bpfC34Y.jpeg

ITVSN4E.jpeg

Nice fit in my Fractal R5, I had removed the middle cage as it was unused and to improve airflow, but it wouldnt have been necessary, which wouldnt have been the case in my antec 902 i just got rid off.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Got mine today, pleased with the performance increase from my 290, especially in Witcher. GTA V with most settings cranked and 2x MSAA was lurvly! Happy with my purchase! New PSU aswell for xfire in the new year.

4zLZ6sh.jpeg

bpfC34Y.jpeg

ITVSN4E.jpeg

Nice fit in my Fractal R5, I had removed the middle cage as it was unused and to improve airflow, but it wouldnt have been necessary, which wouldnt have been the case in my antec 902 i just got rid off.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Sapphire Tri-X, IainR, Link, Date 01/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Mr Evil, Link, Date 22/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Nutella33, Link, Date 21/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, sothur, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Lokken86, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, djtoltec, Link, Date 17/07/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury Pro.

Associate
No mention of the partial unlockability of the Sapphire Fury cards here yet? An overclock.net user by the name of TX12 managed to get the card working with half of the disabled units activated, resulting in 3800 something shaders. He accomplished this in a "lab environment" but he also reckoned this will quite possibly become available as a bios mod soonish.

Just read the topic and a few users already managed to kill their card by unlocking disabled cores. Not even reflashing the stock BIOS helped.

Back
Top Bottom