how to install a sm951?

Associate
hello,
just got one of these, cant find where to plug it in? does it require additional hardware to fit it just cant see an m1 slot on my motherboard?
0k found it :), thought it was a vertical plug in type, really impressed with the size amazing

ok ive fitted it but for some reason i cant find it on the decice manager or looking in the bios?

is there anything i have to do to install it? thank you

Last edited:
Associate
I have one of these on my asus rampage v extreme. It does not show up in the bios. I did a clean install of windows 8.1 64bit pro. You need to delete all boot able options apart from uefi device, in my case this was a usb stick with windows on it. Once windows is installed you are good to go. Only takes 7-8 minutes to install windows on this drive.

Associate
OP
hello
thank you for your help
ive looked in the bios setup i cant see anything about deleting bootable options,? i have my win7 on a usb stick as well

Associate
I am rather new to this process so can't confirm for sure how it works with hardware other than my own. Effectively I had no joy installing Windows onto my m2 drive as it was not showing as a boot able drive within the bios. I would put my memory stick with windows in a usb port and it would get ignored and windows would boot as normal. I was able to delete all other boot able options within my bios apart from my uefi windows mem stick. I was then able to install windows onto the ssd. Although the m2 drive was still not showing with the bios (and even now not showing in the bios) windows installation detected it.

Perhaps you could try by disconnecting all other boot able drives with the exception of your m2 card? Effectively this would be the same as what I did. Once windows is installed you can format your other windows drive.

Last edited:
Associate
I have one in my setup.

You have to do the windows install via USB and uefi. I think I manually selected the boot device in the bios, I don't recall having to delete any of the bootable options - it has been a few months though!

I think I used this guide on the ASUS rog forums.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
hay thanks, spent ages with it, couldnt get it to work, so its going back to be honest would you see any difference between that and an normal samsung evo?

Back
Top Bottom