Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
I've sat in the Fiesta, and it felt like a Fiesta. The quality was about what I would expect. When I sat in the 2015 Focus, I was genuinely astounded at the quality compared with what I expected.

Very odd : /. The facelift Focus materials really didn't feel much better than the Fiesta.

I agree it is a nicer layout and has better/nicer equipment but to say the build quality and materials are leagues ahead just isn't true.

I was more perplexed about Logsi's comment that the drive was leagues ahead though. That just simply isn't true.

It didn't even feel THAT much more powerful either in my opinion. The Fiesta and Focus have very similar bhp per tonne ratings and a mountuned Fiesta ST has basically the same 0-60 time and 31-60 in gear time as a standard Focus ST.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was more perplexed about Logsi's comment that the drive was leagues ahead though. That just simply isn't true.

The fact that it felt more solid, coupled with the independent rear suspension rectifies my only gripes with the Fiesta. It definitely didn't feel less nimble than my Fiesta and i was actually quite surprised how well it handled. It just felt more compliant on the roads down here.

Soldato
Well you've seen the other pictures already but here's mine anyway: http://imgur.com/gallery/o4VHn

What surprised me is that whilst the boot is huge (excuse the suitcase, wife's hospital bag for impending birth of 2nd child!), the space for the rear seats when I have the drivers seat in my driving position is somewhat lacking.

Gave a lift to a few mates the other day and had to drive with my knees touching the bottom of the dash so that they could fit in the rear seats.

However, the new sync 2 system is a million leagues ahead of the old system. Much more intuitive and the size of the screen is much more fitting for the size of the car.

As for the quality of the interior, I'd say that the materials aren't any different, but they do seem better put together and more solid, and also having less buttons in the middle of the dash makes it much cleaner looking.

As for the drive, it has a lot more mid range shove than the fiesta, but off the line it's hard to notice a difference mainly because it likes to spin the wheels without much throttle input!

I would say that it does feel more planted at high speed compared to the fiesta, but the fiesta was way more fun at lower speeds.

Also, the 35mpg I am Averaging in the pictures was from the 90 mile run between Swindon and halesowen. Mostly sat at 75mph in cruise with some foot down to get onto the motorways and overtake occasionally.

Soldato
Gave a lift to a few mates the other day and had to drive with my knees touching the bottom of the dash so that they could fit in the rear seats.

Why compromise driver comfort for rear passengers?

Maybe I'm just really harsh but when I had a Mustang nearside rear passenger just had to put up with the 5 inches of leg room. :D

Caporegime
That is surprising actually. There really doesn't seem to be a lot of leg room from those pictures (for the class of car the Focus is anyway).

I do like the Focus facelift a lot though. The ST hatchback is probably the nicest looking in it's class at the moment. In fact even the standard Focus is a very handsome looking car. Ford have got the exterior design spot on with all their latest range.

Associate
Just got this sent to by from the body shop where the GT6 is getting a fresh coat of paint. The bonnet is coming back from the strippers today so hopefully it wont be too bad. Cant wait to get the car back for a blast round the some country lanes.

IMG_2817_zpsid8pg1ab.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
It's really that good :p

Nah Adobe Light Room helped me quite a bit

"HDR"

This mode was also used.

I always have HDR turned ON, on my Nexus 5. But the camera is crap, its not bad. But compared to photos taken with S6 or Z3 its bad. :rolleyes:

Edit

I had a quick go at lightroom, the picture quality is crap as its not as sharp or detailed.
BiD2Rp7l.jpg

Overdone it a bit on this one...
NgQVgZOl.jpg

RAW

Last edited:
Soldato
It's fantastic. I particularly like the fact that you have to operate a handle in order to open the windows. No silly mechanisms to go wrong that way. I don't need a silly button to move the door mirrors because I only need to adjust them once. Also the lack of central locking adds a nice additional security layer, and the lack of power steering isn't an issue because I am a human being and I have biceps.

The 3-cyl engine is quite good fun though

Back
Top Bottom