• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon Nano thread

bru

bru

Soldato
I have one of those Asus ITX 970s, it does not have heat issues, overclocks well and performs similar to a full size GTX 780 with a triple fan cooler

A R9 390 can beat this card however, so a 390X would beat it by far, so if the Fury Nano can beat a 390X then it would beat my card by a significant amount.

However, a Fury X has been shown to fit inside mini itx cases and perform well in that situation.

And that's the point, the FuryX isn't exactly a large card, it just has the radiator to house somewhere. The nano is going to need more than just the small size to make it sell well, performance at HTPC resolutions will be crucial.

The whole Fiji range are good chips, seeming let down by outside influences. Price, marketing, availability, connectivity ( I think the HDMI 2.0 might actually be internal to the chip).

Soldato
I am thinking about finally going Intel but i can't afford to do Motherboard + CPU + GPU and i get the feeling the GPU isn't going to last until 16nm GPU's.

Upgrade the Mobo and CPU and just wait out for the process shrink, I would like to upgrade my R9 290 but sitting it out so I can get that WOW!!! Factor. If it breaks in like stops working just buy a very cheap second hand card :D

Caporegime
I think the Fury-Nano will be a significantly faster card than the GTX 970 with a 175 Watt TDP, there is an apparent leak in here somewhere that have it pulling 160 Watts in Heaven 4.

I think Boom Posted it.

I'm not so sure it will be much faster. Clocks going to be something like 860MHZ which would put it at 970 performance. Also, the Fury is a little faster than the 980, so the Nano will likely fall under the 980.

Soldato
I wonder if any AIB partner will make a two-sided blower design (like the white Asus 970 Ultra).

Seems silly to take the smallness of the card and negate it, but I think a decent, silent blower would be valuable for those wanting to keep case temps cool (or for Crossfire setups).

Caporegime
I wonder if any AIB partner will make a two-sided blower design (like the white Asus 970 Ultra).

Seems silly to take the smallness of the card and negate it, but I think a decent, silent blower would be valuable for those wanting to keep case temps cool (or for Crossfire setups).

If its 175 Watts keeping it cool should be easy as it is.

Back
Top Bottom