US: lucifer

Soldato
Was rather a good pilot, love how he's such a cocky **** and doesn't shy away from just saying who he is, regardless of whose listening and where he is.

Bonus too, I'd forgotten just how ridiculously hot Lauren German was.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Well, it's yet another "detective + magic sidekick resolving crime of the week" show, but the Mentalist/Ichabod Crane/Castle/Immortal NY Examiner/Sherlock/Constantine is now Satan himself played with the same Welsh-into-forced-US-TV-English accent as Constantine but now with the gayest panache since Cameron Tucker in Modern Family.

How long do you think something like that is going to last on American conservative network?

Permabanned
Well, it's yet another "detective + magic sidekick resolving crime of the week" show, but the Mentalist/Ichabod Crane/Castle/Immortal NY Examiner/Sherlock/Constantine is now Satan himself played with the same Welsh-into-forced-US-TV-English accent as Constantine but now with the gayest panache since Cameron Tucker in Modern Family.

How long do you think something like that is going to last on American conservative network?

3 pilot episodes came out on the same day. This using Satan+cop, Minority Report with psychic+cop and Blindspot which is basically Jaime Alexander playing an adult version of her character from Kyle XY and partnering up with... another cop.

Man of Honour

Though it is an interesting premise its weird how many variants there are at the moment - watched most of those and while they are interesting for the first ~3 episodes quickly fallback on tried and done to death scenarios/story.

This looks potentially good but again probably loses the novelty fast.

Permabanned
I think they've decided that the combo works well overall in viewing figures. They do seem to be using it in practically everything at the moment though, it's like they'll fire out 5 of the type and hope one sticks.

Associate
Gotta admit I liked it.

Absolutely **** all to do with the comic in any way, shape or form except in the absolute broadest of strokes but I found it quite entertaining.

Still would have preferred a Sandman adaptation though.

Man of Honour
Some complexity and a sense of humour elevated it above a lot of the recent tripe but it didn't really grab me but didn't put me off either - maybe the next couple of episodes will pull me in.

Back
Top Bottom