• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
I don't think it's anywhere near accurate, All you're getting is a small portion of sales belonging to the more fanatical PCers.

I never started using the forum at first and I've never joined a ROH club and doubt I will even when I (FINALLY) get my card. The ROH posters make up a very small percentage of OCUK's customers.

Indeed, i have never been on the ROH of any GPU becasue i cant be bothered and the amount of OCUK forum memebers who post in the GPU section is also the minority.

Last edited:
Associate
Bit gutted people are reporting the new batches still have the same problems I've held out and not gone for the 980ti but I might just give in now. Are the upcoming nanos reference only or are they allowed third part coolers? as this may be the best bet for those of us wanting a decent AMD aio cooled card

You don't know if those are new batches or not, since people don't bother taking off the shroud and telling us if it's a sticker or not.

Associate
So let me get this straight: it is OK for some of you to come months after your incident happen and keep telling everyone that it happened, even though we have new people telling us of their exact same incident which just happened to them? What is the point of you lot parroting the issue other person had?
Loadsa reported just now that cards are still screamers, so there you go, this is latest report. You lot do not add any frikkin thing to the discussion by saying, oh yeah AMD ****ed the release up, blah blah blah. Yes they did, and I am sure they know about it. But will 5 people constant moaning about same exact issue months after it happened help AMD? No. Will pages and pages of people reiterating same exact issue(not new buyers, mind) help us find information from actual owners who have it and use the cards? No.
Now we have bunch of 'kids' bickering about how ocUK thread defines sales numbers. This is so irrelevant and inaccurate it is not even funny. We have a product in our hands, do we need these irrelevant discussions about pure speculative stuff about some virtual members club of few active forum members?

The FUNNY thing is, when we get few people who are happy with fury x, we do not see those usual moaners, and actual discussions going on here are fun. But as soon as someone gets a screamer(which is unfortunate), we have those few moaners pop up and start reiterating how AMD ****ed everything up, and some others with some remarks and offers to buy 980ti or something else :/

You know I bought a product a year ago, which I was very unhappy with, I returned it. I do not have it anymore. Do I go around internets and look for people who also are not happy about the product?

Soldato
sorry, but who is bickering?
4 people posting 1-2 comments each in a polite and respectful manner, discussing something like grown ups is not "bickering"

not being able to handle other people having a polite conversation without insults (and then feeling the need to wade in with insults), yeah, totally grown up, go you

also, these cards have only been out just over a month, and some people have had 4 returns in that time, so how is that "months ago"... AMD said they'd fixed the issue, people are discussing, politely, that it obviously hasn't, fair comments imo

Caporegime

Calm down bud, it is just a GPU and when people are happy, you don't hear about it but when people are not, you hear loads about it. Human nature at its finest. If you don't like reading about people having issues, I don't think forums are for you. I have had problems and posted about them and would be annoyed if someone was jumping on me telling me to stop it. Burying your head in the sand won't get the persistent issues fixed.

Associate
sorry, but who is bickering?
4 people posting 1-2 comments each in a polite and respectful manner, discussing something like grown ups is not "bickering"

not being able to handle other people having a polite conversation without insults (and then feeling the need to wade in with insults), yeah, totally grown up, go you

also, these cards have only been out just over a month, and some people have had 4 returns in that time, so how is that "months ago"... AMD said they'd fixed the issue, people are discussing, politely, that it obviously hasn't, fair comments imo

Polite or not polite, it is still pointless discussion. Or do you see any point in saying yes, no, yes, no, yes, no 4 or 5 times over and over again? I just read 5 or 6 comments here each of them saying yes, it is kinda indicative, or no it is not. Yet we still have not come to the same conclusion if numbers of owners is indicative of sales. Thus bickering and wasting time and space ;)

Greg, I am calm. Latest discussion is no more about GPU, but about some personal opinions which are very subjective.
How can we call talking about the same issue a discussion? We all agree they are screamers, we all get latest reports that they are screamers, what is there to discuss?
I have 2 fury x, and nowhere did I dispute that with other people that other fury xs are not screamers. I am happy with mine, I am not happy (to be honest I am ****ed) about others having issues with theirs, yet do I suffer from some kind of problems if I do not moan about those issues over and over again? No.

You say some people had 4 returns. yes and that 'some people' aka chewie stated his findings, we regret of his findings, we were sorry for him, but I do not see him right now coming here and keep telling everyone 10 times a week that hey AMD ****ed up. It is obvious they ****ed up, no need to state the obvious and litter the thread.

Caporegime
Polite or not polite, it is still pointless discussion. Or do you see any point in saying yes, no, yes, no, yes, no 4 or 5 times over and over again? I just read 5 or 6 comments here each of them saying yes, it is kinda indicative, or no it is not. Yet we still have not come to the same conclusion if numbers of owners is indicative of sales. Thus bickering and wasting time and space ;)

Greg, I am calm. Latest discussion is no more about GPU, but about some personal opinions which are very subjective.
How can we call talking about the same issue a discussion? We all agree they are screamers, we all get latest reports that they are screamers, what is there to discuss?
I have 2 fury x, and nowhere did I dispute that with other people that other fury xs are not screamers. I am happy with mine, I am not happy (to be honest I am ****ed) about others having issues with theirs, yet do I suffer from some kind of problems if I do not moan about those issues over and over again? No.

You say some people had 4 returns. yes and that 'some people' aka chewie stated his findings, we regret of his findings, we were sorry for him, but I do not see him right now coming here and keep telling everyone 10 times a week that hey AMD ****ed up. It is obvious they ****ed up, no need to state the obvious and litter the thread.

Mine had no whine and I was chuffed to bits but I didn't get fed up of reading about people having issues and I certainly didn't want them to be quiet because mine was ok. AMD have dropped a ball on this and QC has been poor for the amount having issues, plus they are telling lies by saying the issue affected a small sample batch. People need to keep telling AMD (there is 2 reps here) and this shouldn't be happening again.

Associate
Greg, do you think Matt and Joe do not read every comment here? So many times I saw them trackback on older comments to reply to people.
You should understand that repeating same stuff over and over will not solve your issues.
None of you realize that maybe AMD did not have any choice but to go cooler master, since their financial position does not let them **** money left and right to go with some premium parts. Yes it is bad, but who knows what their motivation was.
And I keep repeating: yes AMD done really bad job with this release, but 10 people moaning for 189 pages about the same issue will not fix it. I am sure Matt and Joe are relaying all our criticism to their colleagues. I am sure when Loadsa reported that issue still here, Matt was on the phone again, saying this **** is not fixed. How is the rest of the old moaners coming in and repeating their stories gonna help Matt?

Caporegime
Mine will be going back as RMA arranged, but, heres a daft question.

They said they can arrange a pre-paid label for the return, so i guess i print that out, whack it onto the box, then just take it down to my local post office, or ?

I know i can just take it to my local post office, and get them to send it by ParelForce (or whoever it is), signed, insured.

:p

Caporegime
Greg, do you think Matt and Joe do not read every comment here? So many times I saw them trackback on older comments to reply to people.
You should understand that repeating same stuff over and over will not solve your issues.
None of you realize that maybe AMD did not have any choice but to go cooler master, since their financial position does not let them **** money left and right to go with some premium parts. Yes it is bad, but who knows what their motivation was.
And I keep repeating: yes AMD done really bad job with this release, but 10 people moaning for 189 pages about the same issue will not fix it. I am sure Matt and Joe are relaying all our criticism to their colleagues. I am sure when Loadsa reported that issue still here, Matt was on the phone again, saying this **** is not fixed. How is the rest of the old moaners coming in and repeating their stories gonna help Matt?

How are your posts going to help Matt? You are whining as much as FuryX!:;)

Soldato
Mine will be going back as RMA arranged, but, heres a daft question.

They said they can arrange a pre-paid label for the return, so i guess i print that out, whack it onto the box, then just take it down to my local post office, or ?

I know i can just take it to my local post office, and get them to send it by ParelForce (or whoever it is), signed, insured.

:p

Yes, if they are paying for return shipping then it's their responsibility as soon as you drop it at the their courier (post office), so you don't need to care about insurance or whatever

and yes, you just print their label and stick it on the box - you'll get a printed receipt / proof of posting when they book it in at the post office (with the tracking number if they've paid for signed for or special delivery or whatever)

Caporegime
Yes, if they are paying for return shipping then it's their responsibility as soon as you drop it at the their courier (post office), so you don't need to care about insurance or whatever

and yes, you just print their label and stick it on the box - you'll get a printed receipt / proof of posting when they book it in at the post office (with the tracking number if they've paid for signed for or special delivery or whatever)

I'll just do that then, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom