Bikers What Cam Do You Use?

Soldato
I don't use it, but get the Contour Roam 2. You can switch it on and immediately record using your gloves, plus it looks good.

I have the Drift Ghost HD. Can't turn it on with your gloves, annoying separate controller. Would not recommend for daily use. It does have better video quality compared to the Contour and an external mic though.

You just missed out on the Contour Roam 2 for around £80 :(

Caporegime
OP
does it come with all the gubbins to mount it to helmet or jacket or bike ect? (does the contour let you plug in an external mic aswell?)

@ellior whats a babestation? that would be useless to me:(

I like the innovv aswell,nice and compact

Last edited:
Associate
I'm using a drift stealth 2 which I bought for £125 (using a voucher code).

The video quality is excellent however the sound quality above 15mph is just lots of wind noise. It doesn't support a pluggable mic either so the only option is to use an external sound recorder if you want decent audio.

I find the camera easily usable while wearing gloves and can turn it on/off without taking it off of my helmet.

Soldato
does it come with all the gubbins to mount it to helmet or jacket or bike ect? (does the contour let you plug in an external mic aswell?)

@ellior whats a babestation? that would be useless to me:(

I like the innovv aswell,nice and compact

Everything you need to attach it to your helmet, yes. 2 mounts actually, one with a twisty bit so you can adjust the angle and another 'solid' one. Both with 3m tape that's held up on my brother's helmet for years through all weather.

The Contour doesn't allow an external camera. Not much of an issue really. If you're recording for 'insurance' purposes, then you don't need sound and if you're recording for fun then you can use a £30 dictaphone in your pocket which will give good audio.

Soldato
gopro_vintage_04-355x500.jpg

:D

To add to the OP's question - those who use separate sound recorders (Zoom H1/H2N etc) - what do you use? Poor quality audio with no mic input is normal on a £100 action cam, so a separate sound recorder is needed too.

Associate
Do any cams have the option to overwrite their own footage when they get to the end of their usable storage? I'd like one for commuting but cba with plugging it in to clear the memory card every couple of days.

Associate
Do any cams have the option to overwrite their own footage when they get to the end of their usable storage? I'd like one for commuting but cba with plugging it in to clear the memory card every couple of days.

the innovv i posted up earlier had a loop feature which does that.

Back
Top Bottom