Windows 10 is it the worst ever version ?

Associate
Just installed the upgrade and absolutely hated it.

I found it slow ugly awkward and not very user friendly.

It treats users like idiots for example you don't get any control over windows update.

The browser is pig ugly and worse than IE.

You have to be very careful if you don't want to use a password to log on.

It won't let me put the stuff I want on the start menu.

My friend tried to install it and 48 hours later it still has not finished and it looks like she will have to format the HDD to get rid of it.

All in all I think it is rubbish, I also think I am in the minority.

Bring back MS DOS for speed and productivity lol.

Hi there, 1st time post for me as I thought I may be able to help you and others install and configure windows 10 to how you would like it. I managed to configure windows 10 to my own specification as follows:

firstly make sure you are not connected to the internet as it will automatically download your graphics drivers before you have looked at the desktop.

Next, download drivers for your motherboard

Go into device manager and select not to download drivers from windows update

Download the Microsoft trouble shooter updates software

Tick all the boxes to hide all drivers to avoid trouble downloading Microsoft security updates

I agree with you about automatic updates they should never put graphics drivers on the updates as this was the worst thing for me also as it took me 5 go's before I installed it as I wanted it. I hope this helps.

Soldato
at that point I will buy several copies so I can do clean installs.
u do know that u can do a clean install after you've upgraded?

win10 is a great OS. i'm using it on my pc and one of my laptops without issues... my other laptop tho doesn't like it for some reason.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just installed the upgrade and absolutely hated it.

I found it slow ugly awkward and not very user friendly.

It treats users like idiots for example you don't get any control over windows update.

The browser is pig ugly and worse than IE.

You have to be very careful if you don't want to use a password to log on.

It won't let me put the stuff I want on the start menu.

My friend tried to install it and 48 hours later it still has not finished and it looks like she will have to format the HDD to get rid of it.

All in all I think it is rubbish, I also think I am in the minority.

Bring back MS DOS for speed and productivity lol.

I'm with you on some of those counts.

I've had a couple of times where the install just didn't work and either stalled entirely or went ridiculously slow but so far every time just restarting it from fresh (wiping out anything its already done - which I guess could be a problem with an upgrade install) has resulted in it working fine the 2nd time - not sure what is up with that.

Don't really see the browser being an issue as you can just replace it with whatever you want.

Associate
I ran the Technical Preview for a few months before the release and I can vouch for the fresh install over an update. I initially updated over windows 7 and had numerous issues, most annoying was never getting my eyefinity to work over the 3 monitors, only ever 2 at one time, but after the clean installation, I had no problems, but that's not to say it's the same for everyone, I have a few mates who had no issues at all after upgrading without doing a clean installation.
I have a dual boot system and after sorting out the issues on drive 2 with a clean install, I need to do the same with drive one as I have upgraded again to see if there are issues. It's a long story but to cut it short, I have 2 copies of windows, 8.1 pro and 7 home premium and I want to make sure I have these versions of Windows 10 registered within the release 12 months, then my aim is to run 8.1 pro and 10 pro and decide which is better over time.
So basically I'm saying a clean installation for me was needed on 2 different upgrade versions.

Soldato
Brave to declare 10 the worst version of an OS line that included ME...
Do you actually think the OP has heard of ME?

I think I know how to build a PC and put an OS on it.:p

Some time in the future I will have to use Win10 as I need DX12, at that point I will buy several copies so I can do clean installs.

Yet apparently you don't have the foggiest when it comes to diagnosing the cause of what's slowing an OS.

Nobody needs DX12 and probably won't for another year. And certainly nobody know owns Win 7 or 8 needs to buy any copies.

Associate
I will have to use Win10 as I need DX12
Why would you "need" to use dx12?
There isn't any thing special over 11 or 9, it's just a big selling point for Win10, a clever marketing point for MS
I really can't understand why everyone gets so hyped up over it. :p

Man of Honour
OP
Do you actually think the OP has heard of ME?

Yet apparently you don't have the foggiest when it comes to diagnosing the cause of what's slowing an OS.

Nobody needs DX12 and probably won't for another year. And certainly nobody know owns Win 7 or 8 needs to buy any copies.

Wrong on both accounts

If you had read my OP you will remmeber MS DOS happened a long time before ME.

As to your other point I don't know as much as a lot of the guys in this forum but I don't have any trouble diagnosing the cause of a slow OS it is quite immortant for what I use my PCs for. One of the possible causes would be doing an upgrade instead of a clean install lol.

Soldato
Why would you "need" to use dx12?
There isn't any thing special over 11 or 9, it's just a big selling point for Win10, a clever marketing point for MS
I really can't understand why everyone gets so hyped up over it. :p

Pretty sure dx12 isn't just a msft selling point... I would say nvidia and amd are all over it more so.

Wrong on both accounts

If you had read my OP you will remmeber MS DOS happened a long time before ME.

As to your other point I don't know as much as a lot of the guys in this forum but I don't have any trouble diagnosing the cause of a slow OS it is quite immortant for what I use my PCs for. One of the possible causes would be doing an upgrade instead of a clean install lol.

Do a clean install then revert back :) I bet your experience will be better!

Soldato
I like bits of it but it just feels like a skin for Win 7 where some bits from 7 haven't been skinned so kind of feels like there are 2 tiers. I'm personally rolling back to 7 as certain apps don't work properly at the moment.

Soldato
Im in the same boat and hate windows 10.

Cant see any benefit from Windows 8.1 which is running perfectly on my gaming rig.

Windows 10 is bloated, edge browser is ugly. I had blue screen crashes and all sorts of issues on 10 and this was after a clean install.

Im sticking with windows 8.1 for the time being until Microsoft sort out all the issues and this is going to be months away.

Soldato
Im in the same boat and hate windows 10.

Cant see any benefit from Windows 8.1 which is running perfectly on my gaming rig.

Windows 10 is bloated, edge browser is ugly. I had blue screen crashes and all sorts of issues on 10 and this was after a clean install.

Im sticking with windows 8.1 for the time being until Microsoft sort out all the issues and this is going to be months away.

Why is it bloated?

Back
Top Bottom