• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Permabanned
Well seems like my FX will be going back soon, the constant EEEEEEEEEEE is driving me nuts. Kinda in 2 minds on what to do next, get another one and cross my fingers its a good un or hold out another week for the nano and see what its like. If it can be unlocked to FX speeds with better cooling then maybe that's the way to go.

Don't we know that won't be the case already? For starters we know it hasn't got the power inputs needed, The next thing is it's not gonna be a full chip when the Fury isn't and considering how big the cooler needed to keep the Fury cool is who in there right mind is going to buy a Nano expecting anything close to Fury or Fury X performance? You've got to hopes and one's called Bob. If you're giving up on the Fx do what I'm doing and get the Fury.

Associate
I got a new processor the other day (5820k) and everything was fine but after Installed the mb drivers I kept getting a display error in Dying light (along with some other amd process errors) after about 40 mins of playing.

The general consensus from Google was the fx wasn't getting enough power, so I added 5% power in the ccc overdrive and it hasn't crashed since. Is this normal considering I had everything at stock?

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to put the stock fan back on, Couldn't actually control the Corsair SP120 White LED fan I put on there properly plus load temps creeped up higher than they were with the stock fan even when the Corsair fan was at full speed..

The fan AMD opted to put on the Fury X really is awesome :)

That fan is simply the best watercooling fan there is :) gentle typhoon.

Associate
I am looking at getting a massive case so I can have a 1200w+ power supply and more radiator space since I noticed a lot of people in this thread have that and also said that 800w isnt enough for x99 and xfire

Not sure what is available on the market though, I only know about 900D and the caselabs ones so I am doing some research into it. I've found recently that the bitfenix shinobi although its listed on ocuk as a watercooling case, isnt really ideal for it

I found that my 970 outperformed the Fury X slightly in microsoft FSX, apparently AMD dont want to optimize for the engine of that simulator
so people advise using nvidia instead

Associate
I am looking at getting a massive case so I can have a 1200w+ power supply and more radiator space since I noticed a lot of people in this thread have that and also said that 800w isnt enough for x99 and xfire

Not sure what is available on the market though, I only know about 900D and the caselabs ones so I am doing some research into it. I've found recently that the bitfenix shinobi although its listed on ocuk as a watercooling case, isnt really ideal for it

I found that my 970 outperformed the Fury X slightly in microsoft FSX, apparently AMD dont want to optimize for the engine of that simulator
so people advise using nvidia instead

write in driver feedback page that card is underperforming hugely compared to competition. I am sure they will look into it.
regarding the case: phanteks enthoo primo ;) ask Matt about that one as well :p

Caporegime
Got my returns label through, its UPS :)

Anyone returned this way before, is all i have to do, print off the label, and the receipt (which i keep for my records), attach the label to the box, and then take it to my local collection point (which is only 2 minutes down the Rd from me which is handy), and thats it, they'll do whatever needs doing with it ?

Soldato
Will anyone be getting the Fury X2 when it releases or settling for 2 x individual Fury X's ?

Personally looking at getting another Fury X for Crossfire as I've had pretty much all AMD dual GPU cards since the 3870X2 and from history have learned to just get 2 x individual cards.

Soldato
Got my returns label through, its UPS :)

Anyone returned this way before, is all i have to do, print off the label, and the receipt (which i keep for my records), attach the label to the box, and then take it to my local collection point (which is only 2 minutes down the Rd from me which is handy), and thats it, they'll do whatever needs doing with it ?
Yep. They scan it and that's that. You can also reverse the process if you know your going to be out for delivery and don't want to rely on neighbours being in.

Soldato
Will anyone be getting the Fury X2 when it releases or settling for 2 x individual Fury X's ?

Personally looking at getting another Fury X for Crossfire as I've had pretty much all AMD dual GPU cards since the 3870X2 and from history have learned to just get 2 x individual cards.

Stick with my 2 X's. Since it's not a standard blower then having multiple cards isn't exactly a drawback anymore. My 2 7970's used to get hotter than I'd like, approaching 80 at times, didn't breach 65 when I just used one...
Now my Furies haven't broken 60 yet and it's pretty hot in my room at the minute :p

Soldato
I dunno if it's your mic amplifying something.. but there's definitely a med-high pitch whirr Loadsa..

Nevermind, just opened my case and put my ear near mine and I can hear a similar noise -- I don't hear it with the case closed though. :D

Associate
Remember this card I purchased from overclockers on sat 1/8.2015?

Asus Radeon Fury X

I raised an RMA and sent my card back due to "high pitched whine"
Some days later I got a refund. Ok! What about return costs? If a product is faulty is it not the retailers responibility to reimburse return costs? I asked this question as I was still £17 out of pocket and sent a picture of my receipt.

I got a reply from OC'S this morning.

Unfortunatly as the item was unwanted im unable to refund the postage. The
test did not show an issue and you were just refunded as you were within 14
days.

I guess this card will be doing the rounds once more as OC'S tests did not show an issue :eek: Some poor, unluckly buyer will end up with this card again.. :eek: No wonder theses cards are still in circulation!

Disappointed..

Back
Top Bottom