• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Permabanned
My Fury Tri-x got here a couple of hours ago and I've spent them fitting and testing it , Here's some early impressions.

It's big, It dwarfs my MSI 290x Gaming, Thankfully I had no problems fitting it in my C70 Vengeance case. Fitting it was a LEGO affair. The 290x clicked out and the Fury clicked in, They use the same drivers so I had Zero issues and the job was done in a matter of moments.

I booted up and decided to start with a few runs of Valley to check the temps and the noise levels. I did a total of 2 back to back runs with the side off and three with the side on. My PC uses all aftermarket quiet edition Corsair fans and a Noctua fan and there all I can hear. The card was silent. No whine, no woosh, Looking good so far. I then did 3 back to back runs of Valley and one of Firestrike with the side on too check temps. With the side off the temps maxed at 50 degrees, With the side on they maxed at 52 degrees. I'm using a 1 for 1 fan profile and with a 52% fan speed it was silent still. Not a whisper above the case fans.

So far I'm extremely happy with the card
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8145122?

Yesterday using my stock clock 4790k I re benched my stock clock MSI 290x gaming with 14 game benchmarks ranging from Far cry 2 too ones like F1 2013, RE6 and the Grid's. I used the 15.7.1 drivers and windows 10, Today I'm going to run them with the stock clock Fury and I'll post the results for both in this thread for anyone who's interested in seeing how they compare at 1080p.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Fury Tri-x got here a couple of hours ago and I've spent them fitting and testing it , Here's some early impressions.

It's big, It dwarfs my MSI 290x Gaming, Thankfully I had no problems fitting it in my C70 Vengeance case. Fitting it was a LEGO affair. The 290x clicked out and the Fury clicked in, They use the same drivers so I had Zero issues and the job was done in a matter of moments.

I booted up and decided to start with a few runs of Valley to check the temps and the noise levels. I did a total of 2 back to back runs with the side off and three with the side on. My PC uses all aftermarket quiet edition Corsair fans and a Noctua fan and there all I can hear. The card was silent. No whine, no woosh, Looking good so far. I then did 3 back to back runs of Valley and one of Firestrike with the side on too check temps. With the side off the temps maxed at 50 degrees, With the side on they maxed at 52 degrees. I'm using a 1 for 1 fan profile and with a 52% fan speed it was silent still. Not a whisper above the case fans.

So far I'm extremely happy with the card
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8145122?

Yesterday using my stock clock 4790k I re benched my stock clock MSI 290x gaming with 14 game benchmarks ranging from Far cry 2 too ones like F1 2013, RE6 and the Grid's. I used the 15.7.1 drivers and windows 10, Today I'm going to run them with the stock clock Fury and I'll post a the result for both in this thread for anyone who's interested in seeing how they compare at 1080p.

NooooOO you've pipped me by 200points :p .

Enjoy you're card. Are you going to join us on the ROH?

Permabanned
NooooOO you've pipped me by 200points :p .

Enjoy you're card. Are you going to join us on the ROH?

I won't be, I haven't got a digital camera and my phones so old it lacks internet and isn't capable of uploading a pic. I'll post the results and if people want to ignore them because I'm not an official owner that's up to them.

I'm very happy with the card so far. Temps and noise are night and day compared to my 290x.

Soldato
I'm running a pair of them on a TX850M -- although I am considering a bigger PSU along with a new case, mobo and cpu..... Damn this upgrading bug !!! :(

On that note, PC crashed earlier and the back of the PSU was... hot. Alarmingly so... So I'm just going to play safe and assume it pulled too much and upgrade.
Bare in mind I'm running Fury X's, the Fury might be fine on that.

Caporegime
On that note, PC crashed earlier and the back of the PSU was... hot. Alarmingly so... So I'm just going to play safe and assume it pulled too much and upgrade.
Bare in mind I'm running Fury X's, the Fury might be fine on that.

Oh dear :(

Was going to say, I could be joining this club with a pair (oooh matron!), but not sure now, judging from the above 2 Xs :p

Forgot about the PSU forum, so asked in there :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
What sort of core overclock are others owners getting?

Just wondering what your stock voltage results are like, So far I've tried 1080 and 1100 on Firestrike with no problems, I thought I'd find out what numbers others are getting before trying higher.

Soldato
I won't be, I haven't got a digital camera and my phones so old it lacks internet and isn't capable of uploading a pic. I'll post the results and if people want to ignore them because I'm not an official owner that's up to them.

I'm very happy with the card so far. Temps and noise are night and day compared to my 290x.

ROH is just a for fun nothing more as far as I'm concerned. Did you try far cry 4?

Associate
I've left mine stock for now tbh.
Will be xfiring around New year, maybe sooner depending on a house purchase, and plan to run them off an EVGA G2 Supernova 850w that I bought with the first card.
Should be fine I would have thought.

Permabanned
ROH is just a for fun nothing more as far as I'm concerned. Did you try far cry 4?

I haven't tried it yet, I will shortly though, I'm running a 1 for 1 fan profile and even with an 1100 clock it's stayed under 55 so far. I'll try some stessful games shortly though, Titles like Dying Light would push my 290x into the 90's with the same fan profile on stock so I'll see what that does to it tonight.

Will be xfiring around New year, maybe sooner depending on a house purchase, and plan to run them off an EVGA G2 Supernova 850w that I bought with the first card.

Someone was mentioning a possible worry with a pair of Fx's and an 850 watt psu earlier. I personally thought it's be fine as long as you're not talking about a 24/7 power up. I have a TX850 and would have got a second card expecting it too be enough. I'd look into it more now though if I was you.

Associate
Yeah, I've seen a few querying it. My pc rarely runs 24/7 unless im trying to d/load/update a game on steam with my deepest suffolk countryside internet connection :)

I have seen lots of people saying 850w would be fine, and I bought the EVGA under the impression it was one of the better ones.

Soldato
Have gone up to 1115 on the core stable with fan running at about 50%. Will push it further once under water as I am using the stock cooler for the 4690k its currently paired with which ends up getting hot more then the card. will be limited one way or another I expect as it will be connected to a 500 Watt PSU only eventually.

How are people over-clocking the memory? Think I may be missing something obvious.

Caporegime

Should be fine, as should my 860w (asked in the PSU section) :D

Last edited:
Associate
Have gone up to 1115 on the core stable with fan running at about 50%. Will push it further once under water as I am using the stock cooler for the 4690k its currently paired with which ends up getting hot more then the card. will be limited one way or another I expect as it will be connected to a 500 Watt PSU only eventually.

How are people over-clocking the memory? Think I may be missing something obvious.

Memory can be overclocked by bugging out Afterburner. It is for single card only and HBM clocks just around 550mhz stable.

Soldato

You've got to go to settings and tick extend overclocking limits then it will work after you reboot.

Back
Top Bottom