What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Inside out

I was hoping this was going to have more grown up themes, but it's pretty much just a feel good kids film. Disappointing, but it's alright, I wouldn't watch it again though.
6/10

Caporegime
The Football Factory. Gritty hooligan flick based on the book inspired by the movie. 7.5/10.

The Mechanic. Jason Statham is a mild mannered mechanic who's surprisingly good at his job. 6.5/10.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Best film of the entire franchise. Still looks fantastic today, which is incredible considering the technical limitations of the time. 8/10.

Associate
Pixels (2015) - 2/10

A promising premise, but poorly executed due to no funny jokes, a weak cast and a slow start.
Improves in the second half when the cartoony special effects and action takes over, but it struggles to keep this pace and as such, the enjoyment and excitement levels vary.
The cast swap between boring and embarrassing to watch, and for a film about classic arcade characters, very little time is spent with them and their personalities, which could have been put to great comedic effect.

Soldato
Sharktopus v Whalewolf 2/10

A glorious SyFy original, yep as bad as the title suggests, but could not help myself :D

When a mad scientist mixes the genes of a killer whale and a wolf, it creates the Whalewolf, and it's up to Sharktopus to stop it.

There must be an audience for these as new ones seem to appear monthly, had a budget of $6m so they must have some backers, but who?

Last edited:
Soldato
La Femme Nikita (the original Luc Besson) 9/10 - I haven't watch this for years and forgot how good it was.

Fantastic Four - 2/10 OMG I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad.

Back
Top Bottom