Best place online for garden sheds?

Soldato
Opinion of Tiger Sheds is rapidly taking a node dive with my order now late, and expectation that the lead time will be double that originally indicated.

Poor show.

Man of Honour
Opinion of Tiger Sheds is rapidly taking a node dive with my order now late, and expectation that the lead time will be double that originally indicated.

Poor show.

That's a shame - unfortunately it does seem to be commonplace in a lot of timber related places - really patchy service. I don't know why. I heard countless horror stories about eDecks before I used them for my order, but they actually beat their own estimated delivery time by 3 days.

Associate
Hi,

I had an UFTB shed delivered and erected in November last year. I waited three months for delivery (probably due to location). When they first visited, they turned up with the double doors in the apex, which wasn't what I had ordered. I had even sent them a picture of the exact shed I wanted, so this wasn't a good start. They asked if I could 'live with it' to which I dug my heels in and said no. They then offered £100 off (the delivery charge) for me to live with it, to which I again said no.

A few weeks later they returned with the correct shed.

However, (based on my own shed from them) they lack a bit of finesse and general common sense. There have been a few snags, which I opted to put right myself.

1. Windows are not sealed. Glass is held in place by two pieces of timber internally. I fixed this with a bead of clear silicon around the outside of each window.

2. I have read this elsewhere, and it is also the case on mine, where several nails have missed the frame and are visible internally.

3. The felt was stapled to the roof during erection rather than nailed, and is significantly wrinkled across both roof panels. Its watertight, but aesthetically its none too pretty and I will be replacing mine next year.

4. The corners aren't protected sufficiently to prevent water ingress, so more silicon sealant was required here.

5. Make sure the floor is kept clear of the ground. The timbers that make up the floor soak up water like a sponge. I have raised mine on roofing lathes wrapped in damp proof membrane which got rid of the wet floor problem.

6. Over the summer months all of the T&G cladding appears to have separated slightly on mine with some areas separating enough that it is possible to see straight through.

7. The wood used to brace the roof and to dress the edges of the roof seem to be less than perfect offcuts, which again let the shed down aesthetically.

8. On mine at least, the panels weren't pre-drilled to be fixed to each other. As such the installers simply self tapped all fixings through the panels which looks a bit untidy with wood being split around each screw head where fixings were over tightened.

Personally I wouldn't buy from them again. They potentially have a good product to offer, but are let down by shoddy build quality and careless installation. The additional time and effort required to correct the aforementioned issues, cancels out the savings offered against competitors.

Having said that, if you were to ruthlessly scrutinise the shed upon delivery for those problems outlined above, you could possibly get the company themselves to put everything right.

I have had exactly the same issues with bewdley sheds & summer houses
the clowns even tried to tell me the 40 nails that had missed the framework was due to a faulty nail gun.

I have tried to call them over 30 times, they have answered 3 of these calls and hung up everytime, I have been called a liar and they have even denied dealing with me.

trading standards are involved but they are also being ignored

do not give these cowboys your money

Associate
It seems as if there are a lot of cowboys in the shed game. Passmores look good and have been going a long time. Not cheap but the quality looks good.
Anyone have any experience with them?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Going to build my own custom shed/cabin this summer once I've finished the house and nursery. Going to be L shaped big enough for my gym and water tight for my office, plus the short part of the L will be separate for storing the mower and other outdoor tools :)

Can't wait! Will try to do a build log :)

Associate
Good luck with your build mate. I Have ordered from Tigersheds and taken the easy route ha ha. I choose the 6 x 4 shed that is slightly more expensive and can be delivered in 3 working days, it arrives Monday, i will then need to wait on the build team coming to erect it. I can build it myself but im too lazy in my old age ha ha.

Associate
Tigersheds are cráp. Customer service is cráp beyond belief. My advice is avoid them at all costs.

I bought a shed 6 x 4 feet, its very flimsy and the windows are flimsy this perspex, they are tacked in with 4 nails and can be slid up and down, the installed never even fitted my shed the way i asked him to.

Associate
DONT BUY FROM TIGER SHEDS, Appalling customer service i have phoned them countless times, they leave a large heavy pallet in my garden, the windows are the thinnest perspex ever, the perspex is held by 4 tacks and it can be slid up and down, this is not secure in any way.

Back
Top Bottom