• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
Well it definitely gets a pass from me, because I run 4k on DP :p

As for giving nVidia VSR - **** nVidia, they lock down their tech tighter than a duck's ass and share nothing with AMD or anyone else that doesn't pay mad dollar.

Sorry what :confused:

What is this even in response to?
And if you're running 4K at DP, then the Fury X fits the niche that you're in (As I said).

Thing is, Nvidia has had downsampling capabilities for years and years and years through their drivers, before even moving in officially with DSR.

Someone made a third party tool for AMD (Which is superior to AMD's VSR might I add) and AMD killed it off when they release the frame pacing drivers (I think it was the frame pacing ones, might have been even earlier). AMD then decided to do VSR, which is still inferior to DSR, and came out far far later.

Soldato
andybird, so you are saying that person who can afford 980ti and fury x cannot afford 4k panel? Or are you saying that people who can afford fury x and 980ti are too stupid to enable dsr/vsr in their driver panels and enjoy 1440p/4k without expensive 4k monitors.
I am on 50inch 1080p TV and am enjoying 4k gaming through hdmi 1.4 at 60+fps.
And for the love of **** can we have some ******* patience in regards to driver optimizations??????? Brand new card comes out with huge amount of shaders, new mem controller and memory system and people straight away are expecting AMD to have everything using 100% of potential. Look at 'rebranded' 300 series. How long ago 290x was released? And we still got huge boost in performance equaling 980gtx with a bit faster vram, and mild clock increase and new driver. Do we forget, that 980gtx was in the league of its own just several months ago, and then comes rebranded 390x and 980gtx suddenly has a competitor. what is not to say that AMD is working heavily on omega drivers for fiji? For a moment we have a card which is fast enough on 1080p beyond the point where anyone would ever care, we have great card for 1440p and we have very competitive card for 4k. I am sure if you manage to calm down your inner e-penis, you will be fine till that omega or other perf improving driver hits the streets. It is not like fiji is waaaay behind everyone :/

what on earth are you blithering on about?
I said quite the opposite - people buying a 980ti or FuryX for 4K might ALSO be in the market for a 4K TV, in which case they would have some interest in HDMI 2.0

I think you really need to calm down a bit son, no one actually said the things you are accusing them of. Look at what was said and the reply to it and realise that a reasonable conversation was going on and not this fantasy land where everyone is an "enemy" out to get AMD.

Permabanned
I'm actually waiting for a few decent freesync 3440x1440 monitors..

This is where it's at for me, I've got the Fury tri-x and there are 120hz 3440x1440 free-sync models coming at some point. (I saw the monitor being reviewed but haven't seen them in the wild yet)

EDIT: There saying 75hz now :( Still nice though, it's not like I'd manage to push beyond 75 much anyway :)

Last edited:
Associate
Lol VSR isn't the same thing as running native 4K, not even close. So you're not enjoying 4K gaming on your 50 HDTV. You're just kidding yourself, and jumping into a never ending line of people who'd take a bullet for AMD.
I can't even use VSR, because that'd require AMD to actually care about reaching parity with Nvidia in software.

Yeah, yeah, kidding myself, when I see the difference between upscaled 4k and 1080p on my 1080p TV I would say I AM enjoying it, more than you, since the difference is day and night.
You can use DSR, which is nvidias cut down alternative to VSR :D So no need for fanboyism there ;)

Fury X is a great 4K performer (I still think overall the card's a bit "meh"), but the lack of HDMI 2 is just AMD once again playing amateur hour.

Fury X currently fits into a niche, of those running 4K on Display Port, and for those people it's probably the best single GPU available. But for a flagship, it falls short of overall expectations. But once again, AMD get a free pass from the typical fanboys.

yeah, according to nvidia fanboys the whole market is a niche, since apparently lack of HDMI 2 is amateur and halts the sale to all the market, oh no...

And the GTX980 was never *that* powerful. The 390X reaching nigh on parity is nothing special to me (Because I never found the 980 to be anything special). To me, they're all disappointing.

This is beyond the point. What did you have when 980ti wasn't on the market? Overpriced titan and 980gtx. 980gtx was king of the hill for people who actually don't **** money. 970gtx was trading blows with 290x. And then came what nvidia hopefuls call 'complete rebrand' aka 300 series, and suddently 'completely rebrand' 390x/290x is on par with 980gtx. How does that rebrand work?

Associate
what on earth are you blithering on about?
I said quite the opposite - people buying a 980ti or FuryX for 4K might ALSO be in the market for a 4K TV, in which case they would have some interest in HDMI 2.0

I think you really need to calm down a bit son, no one actually said the things you are accusing them of. Look at what was said and the reply to it and realise that a reasonable conversation was going on and not this fantasy land where everyone is an "enemy" out to get AMD.

have a look at the comment you were replying to ;)

Caporegime
Yeah, yeah, kidding myself, when I see the difference between upscaled 4k and 1080p on my 1080p TV I would say I AM enjoying it, more than you, since the difference is day and night.
You can use DSR, which is nvidias cut down alternative to VSR :D So no need for fanboyism there ;)

yeah, according to nvidia fanboys the whole market is a niche, since apparently lack of HDMI 2 is amateur and halts the sale to all the market, oh no...

This is beyond the point. What did you have when 980ti wasn't on the market? Overpriced titan and 980gtx. 980gtx was king of the hill for people who actually don't **** money. 970gtx was trading blows with 290x. And then came what nvidia hopefuls call 'complete rebrand' aka 300 series, and suddently 'completely rebrand' 390x/290x is on par with 980gtx. How does that rebrand work?

All I'm reading here is fanboy guff.
You're reading what isn't there (Where did I say there's no difference with downsampling? I'm an advocate of downsampling, but it's not a 4K experience). And DSR's no where near a cut down VSR. AMD's solution is inferior in support.
And you're trying to make it sound like the 3XX is anything other than a higher clocked rebrand. The clocks amount to ~10%, then you've got older review data in the reviews which also increases the percentage difference, throw in a few percent from drivers, and it sounds more impressive than it really is.
No wonder AMD are a failing company when people rush to defend them so much. Why do they need to produce the best products when the fanboys will buy them anyway?

Last edited:
Soldato
No wonder AMD are a failing company when people rush to defend them so much.

I find Nvidia fans always post in amd threads and the mods dont ban you?
why are mods on nvidias side here?
I find that really offensive as an AMD graphics customer to read all the nvidia fans can post without bans here without any such restrictions as if I was a mod a load of people wouldnt be posting stuff here as they be banned for life.

Just saying guys as AMD is the better made stuff out there anyone with at least half a brain knows that.

this last page is just another sad moderator issue here on ocuk.

Caporegime
I find Nvidia fans always post in amd threads and the mods dont ban you?
why are mods on nvidias side here?
I find that really offensive as an AMD graphics customer to read all the nvidia fans can post without bans here without any such restrictions as if I was a mod a load of people wouldnt be posting stuff here as they be banned for life.

Just saying guys as AMD is the better made stuff out there anyone with at least half a brain knows that.

this last page is just another sad moderator issue here on ocuk.

I'm not a fan of Nvidia or AMD, and AMD only retain me as a GPU owner because there's no third option.
If a mod had any common sense, you'd be among the first permanently banned.

Soldato
I find it quite annoying that so many people who don't own a Fury X have to post in this thread constantly moaning and keep it's toxicity level at an all time high, Same goes for any owners thread.

I'm fine with info sharing but this section of the forum has become toxic.

There's a lot of people on these forums that really need to step away for a bit.

Soldato
No wonder AMD are a failing company when people rush to defend them so much. Why do they need to produce the best products when the fanboys will buy them anyway?

Watch what happens next time NV muff something up, within a day they'll have their talking points and everything will be "debunked". Anyone still talking about the issue will be drowning in a swarm of rolleyes.

People just don't realise how they allow themselves to be controlled.

Don
Watch what happens next time NV muff something up, within a day they'll have their talking points and everything will be "debunked". Anyone still talking about the issue will be drowning in a swarm of rolleyes.

People just don't realise how they allow themselves to be controlled.

Do you actually think people take your terrible attempts at these subtle put downs you keep trying serious. Your like a failed phycology student.

You have come out with some crackers over the last few days.

Back
Top Bottom