• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac Amp! 980TI overheating?

Associate
Playing games my gpu gets to about 90 degrees, all fans are spinning really loudly.

Even in World of Warcraft - a game that doesn't use much of my GPU, it somehow gets to 85 and sometimes crashes due to it. With 3 fans I thought it wouldn't get this hot.

Tried my custom fan curve and for some reason it still gets really hot.

Ive tried reinstalling drivers, ive even added a bottom intake and side intake fan - still really hot.

Could the bottom fan and side fan be creating a pocket of air? shall I only have the side fan? its 140mm running @ 850RPM so it should be cooling the GPU quite well.

Shall I try reseating the GPU? Never had this issue before.

Even putting every fan in the case on full it reaches these temps.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Associate
OP
Rest of system is fine - CPU never goes past 54 overclocked to 4.8ghz (8350) - VRM's have their own fan that I put on, never go over 65ish.

It idles @ around 45-50 (has the feature where fans turn off if its below 50) but I put it on my custom curve that the fans idle at around 22% so it stays at around 35.

here is a pick from running heaven - http://i62.tinypic.com/2pt9c05.gif, crashed after 10 minutes (may be unstable overclock there though)

Even on stock the temps get really really high. Thought it wouldnt be this bad with a non stock heatsink!

Soldato
Playing games my gpu gets to about 90 degrees, all fans are spinning really loudly.

Even in World of Warcraft - a game that doesn't use much of my GPU, it somehow gets to 85 and sometimes crashes due to it. With 3 fans I thought it wouldn't get this hot.

Tried my custom fan curve and for some reason it still gets really hot.

Ive tried reinstalling drivers, ive even added a bottom intake and side intake fan - still really hot.

Could the bottom fan and side fan be creating a pocket of air? shall I only have the side fan? its 140mm running @ 850RPM so it should be cooling the GPU quite well.

Shall I try reseating the GPU? Never had this issue before.

Even putting every fan in the case on full it reaches these temps.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Quite high voltages for that OC. My runs at 1444 at 1.173v and 1457 @ 1.193v.

It is clocked at +13 above both those, and starts off at 1.212v, but drops a voltage stage when going above 60c which of course it always does. It only drops to 1444 when I'm running unlimited fps as it hits 75c. But I lock games to max 120, so I'm running at 1457 all the time @ 1.193v

I only run with the default fan profile, so rarely it hits 65% on my mis 6g..nice and quiet.

This is just with my stock bios. I cannot run more than above without Firestrike crashing on loop after a while

So what am I saying? Your volts are very high for the OC. So that will not help. Other than that it could be a fan contact?

Soldato
Rest of system is fine - CPU never goes past 54 overclocked to 4.8ghz (8350) - VRM's have their own fan that I put on, never go over 65ish.

It idles @ around 45-50 (has the feature where fans turn off if its below 50) but I put it on my custom curve that the fans idle at around 22% so it stays at around 35.

here is a pick from running heaven - http://i62.tinypic.com/2pt9c05.gif, crashed after 10 minutes (may be unstable overclock there though)

Even on stock the temps get really really high. Thought it wouldnt be this bad with a non stock heatsink!

The crash, have you OC'd the card, or is that OOTB OC?

Your idles are about 10c higher than mine too...sounds to me like a dodgy heat sink contact?

Back
Top Bottom