** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Linus consider these monitors as potentially the best gaming monitors available and I have to say after seeing one in action it is absolutely immense, check the video out for yourself:

Acer Predator XR341CKA 34" G-SYNC WideScreen Super-Wide ZeroFrame Curved LED Monitor @ £949.99 inc VAT

MO-089-AC_400.jpg

The 34-inch curved 21:9 ultra-wide Acer Predator X34 monitor is the world's first curved monitor with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™, providing an immersive gaming experience with minimal stutters and screen tears. DTS® sound, 2x7W speakers, a zero-frame design with a futuristic aluminum base and ambient lighting options create an exciting entertainment experience with style.

The Acer Predator X34 features a curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) resolution IPS display panel with a 178-degree viewing angle, providing an immersive experience in games and entertainment with a broader view. It supports 100% of the sRGB color gamut, delivering accurate color reproduction desired by design professionals and photo enthusiasts for precise color matching across applications and print output.

The curved screen puts every corner of the screen at the same distance from the customer's eyes, providing a uniform viewing experience. It also presents a more immersive experience with a wider field of view and increased perceived area of peripheral vision compared to a flat display of the same size. The Predator X34 can be configured in a multi-monitor setup for an even richer gaming experience, thanks to its zero-frame design.

"Acer continues to showcase its commitment to PC gaming with the introduction of their new NVIDIA G-SYNC-enabled Predator X34 gaming monitor," said Jeff Fisher, senior vice-president of the GeForce business unit at NVIDIA. "The preferred choice of PC gamers everywhere is a GeForce GTX GPU, which when paired with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology is the only platform to deliver an ultra-smooth gaming experience across the entire spectrum of PC games."

For gamers, the Predator X34 supports multiple features that allow them to fine tune the monitor's performance, including 6-axis color adjustment enabled by NVIDIA G-SYNC, on-screen display of refresh rate, and three different aim-point icons to choose from. Users can easily identify when G-SYNC mode is on through a red ambient light at the lower edge of the monitor, of which intensity changes according to the instantaneous monitor refresh rate.

Designed with ergonomics in mind, the Predator X34 can be tilted from -5° to 35° and adjusted vertically up to 130 mm, allowing the user to adjust the monitor to the most comfortable viewing angle. It also features flicker-less technology to lessen eye fatigue for a more comfortable gaming or working experience.

The Predator X34 supports DisplayPort and HDMI inputs, and has a built-in USB 3.0 hub which supports high-speed charging of smartphones and other devices.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Refresh rate: 100Hz
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 100M:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Connectivity: 1x HDMI & 1x DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 7W
- Tilt: Yes
- Height Adjust: Yes
- USB 3.0 Hub
- VESA: 100 x 100
- Dimensions (with stand):825.1 x 585.9 x 309 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £949.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Acer Predator XR341CKB 34" FREESYNC WideScreen Super-Wide Curved LED Monitor @ £799.99 inc VAT

MO-090-AC_400.jpg

Be the first to experience the Predator XR341CK with game-changing technology and ultramodern design. The 34" curved 21:9 Ultrawide QHD display, a zero-frame screen and an elegant brushed-metal stand give the Acer Predator XR1 a luxurious and outstanding look. Get fully immersed in brilliant views and lifelike colours through IPS technology, 100% sRGB colour gamut and ambient lighting. Enjoy convenient multitasking with Picture-by-Picture (PBP) and Picture-in-Picture (PIP) technology and find the best angle to work by tilting the screen or moving it up or down.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Refresh rate: 75Hz
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 100M:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Connectivity: 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x Mini-DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 7W
- Tilt: Yes
- Height Adjust: Yes
- USB 3.0 Hub
- VESA: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions (with stand):825.1 x 585.9 x 309 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

We expect stock end of September or early October, these will prove extremely popular, especially as they are arriving in peak season. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
:eek: Not liking them prices!!

Great value for money!!!!!

We sold over 500 of the LG curved at £800-£1000.

These are a better specification and have FREESYNC/G-SYNC technologies for practically same money.

Bargain and well done Acer, we expect to sell well over 1000 units before Christmas. :)

Soldato
The specs of the gsync version are my dream monitor, that I genuinely didn't think we'd see until DP 1.3 came out.

The brand however, is as far away from a dream as my arse is from my elbow. When my arm has been removed and placed in Belgium.

Soldato
The specs of the gsync version are my dream monitor, that I genuinely didn't think we'd see until DP 1.3 came out.

The brand however, is as far away from a dream as my arse is from my elbow. When my arm has been removed and placed in Belgium.

I really hope for Acer's sake that they can pull something special off here. But knowing what I do about the panel they're using, I have some reservations. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by this one as it does have a heck of a lot going for it if it's 'done right'.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only 2 years warranty on a display that's nearly a grand don't know to laugh or cry! TVs of these price range are not uncommon to have 5 years warranty...

Would love to get one of the Freesync one, but it's painful to imagine the display crap out on you 1 day out of warranty!

Associate
Only 2 years warranty on a display that's nearly a grand don't know to laugh or cry! TVs of these price range are not uncommon to have 5 years warranty...

Would love to get one of the Freesync one, but it's painful to imagine the display crap out on you 1 day out of warranty!

The warranty is RTB as well and if you read people's experience of it, it's not exactly glowing.

It's a nice panel no doubt but ACER need to sort out their warranty terms and QA before I would touch it.

Soldato
will hold off until the guinea pigs try this - after the other Acer monitor fiasco will definitely need confidence before buying

Soldato
Full review of the XR341CK (FreeSync version) here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xr341ck.htm

we will have a review of the G-sync model which will actually be called the "Predator X34" according to Acer. Hopefully will get that in a couple of weeks, early September, for review ahead of launch :)

the out of the box calibration is pretty shocking and that back light bleed would have me worried as I do mostly use my screen at night to view dark content :/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
the out of the box calibration is pretty shocking and that back light bleed would have me worried as I do mostly use my screen at night to view dark content :/

i wouldn't call the default setup "shocking", not in any way. Plus with a couple of very basic OSD changes you can improve things very nicely. See the Optimum OSD settings section for that :)

Soldato
Who's going to be the first to dip their toe in to the treacherous Acer waters then lol? After the XB270HU mess, I fear this is going to be the definition of a monitor lottery, with many people coming out losers I suspect. On specs alone, it has great potential, but at just shy of £1000, anything less than perfection is unacceptable. Gibbo, I sincerely hope you will be holding Acer to account on this and realise that at this price point they simply cannot be sending out panels that haven't be QC'd properly?!

Last edited:
Associate
Specs are exactly what i'm looking for, but as other have said at near £1000 it needs to perfect.

I'll wait for the Gsync version review and see what the first batch is like before I decide to jump in.

Back
Top Bottom