** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Linus consider these monitors as potentially the best gaming monitors available and I have to say after seeing one in action it is absolutely immense, check the video out for yourself:

Acer Predator XR341CKA 34" G-SYNC WideScreen Super-Wide ZeroFrame Curved LED Monitor @ £949.99 inc VAT

MO-089-AC_400.jpg

The 34-inch curved 21:9 ultra-wide Acer Predator X34 monitor is the world's first curved monitor with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™, providing an immersive gaming experience with minimal stutters and screen tears. DTS® sound, 2x7W speakers, a zero-frame design with a futuristic aluminum base and ambient lighting options create an exciting entertainment experience with style.

The Acer Predator X34 features a curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) resolution IPS display panel with a 178-degree viewing angle, providing an immersive experience in games and entertainment with a broader view. It supports 100% of the sRGB color gamut, delivering accurate color reproduction desired by design professionals and photo enthusiasts for precise color matching across applications and print output.

The curved screen puts every corner of the screen at the same distance from the customer's eyes, providing a uniform viewing experience. It also presents a more immersive experience with a wider field of view and increased perceived area of peripheral vision compared to a flat display of the same size. The Predator X34 can be configured in a multi-monitor setup for an even richer gaming experience, thanks to its zero-frame design.

"Acer continues to showcase its commitment to PC gaming with the introduction of their new NVIDIA G-SYNC-enabled Predator X34 gaming monitor," said Jeff Fisher, senior vice-president of the GeForce business unit at NVIDIA. "The preferred choice of PC gamers everywhere is a GeForce GTX GPU, which when paired with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology is the only platform to deliver an ultra-smooth gaming experience across the entire spectrum of PC games."

For gamers, the Predator X34 supports multiple features that allow them to fine tune the monitor's performance, including 6-axis color adjustment enabled by NVIDIA G-SYNC, on-screen display of refresh rate, and three different aim-point icons to choose from. Users can easily identify when G-SYNC mode is on through a red ambient light at the lower edge of the monitor, of which intensity changes according to the instantaneous monitor refresh rate.

Designed with ergonomics in mind, the Predator X34 can be tilted from -5° to 35° and adjusted vertically up to 130 mm, allowing the user to adjust the monitor to the most comfortable viewing angle. It also features flicker-less technology to lessen eye fatigue for a more comfortable gaming or working experience.

The Predator X34 supports DisplayPort and HDMI inputs, and has a built-in USB 3.0 hub which supports high-speed charging of smartphones and other devices.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Refresh rate: 100Hz
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 100M:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Connectivity: 1x HDMI & 1x DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 7W
- Tilt: Yes
- Height Adjust: Yes
- USB 3.0 Hub
- VESA: 100 x 100
- Dimensions (with stand):825.1 x 585.9 x 309 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £949.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Acer Predator XR341CKB 34" FREESYNC WideScreen Super-Wide Curved LED Monitor @ £799.99 inc VAT

MO-090-AC_400.jpg

Be the first to experience the Predator XR341CK with game-changing technology and ultramodern design. The 34" curved 21:9 Ultrawide QHD display, a zero-frame screen and an elegant brushed-metal stand give the Acer Predator XR1 a luxurious and outstanding look. Get fully immersed in brilliant views and lifelike colours through IPS technology, 100% sRGB colour gamut and ambient lighting. Enjoy convenient multitasking with Picture-by-Picture (PBP) and Picture-in-Picture (PIP) technology and find the best angle to work by tilting the screen or moving it up or down.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Refresh rate: 75Hz
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 100M:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Connectivity: 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x Mini-DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 7W
- Tilt: Yes
- Height Adjust: Yes
- USB 3.0 Hub
- VESA: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions (with stand):825.1 x 585.9 x 309 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

We expect stock end of September or early October, these will prove extremely popular, especially as they are arriving in peak season. :)

Permabanned
For nearly £1,000 it would have to be the best gaming monitor around. But don't think I would want to spend £800 and just game at 75 Hz like a peasant. Or £950 and at 100 ...

+£150 for +25hz and G-sync over Free-Sync seems a bit steeeep!

Do look nice however, really nice.

OcUK Staff
OP
For nearly £1,000 it would have to be the best gaming monitor around. But don't think I would want to spend £800 and just game at 75 Hz like a peasant. Or £950 and at 100 ...

+£150 for +25hz and G-sync over Free-Sync seems a bit steeeep!

Do look nice however, really nice.

But plenty do and will, we sold over 500 of the LG curve, which is lesser in spec at between £800-£1000, these will fly of the shelves come peak season. :)

Permabanned
But plenty do and will, we sold over 500 of the LG curve, which is lesser in spec at between £800-£1000, these will fly of the shelves come peak season. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love one and is better value than the LGs for sure... but if I was spending that kind of cash, I'd have wanted something extra special.

OcUK Staff
OP
Don't get me wrong, I'd love one and is better value than the LGs for sure... but if I was spending that kind of cash, I'd have wanted something extra special.

Extra special in my view would be 38", curve, 3440x1440 IPS, 1ms, 144hz, G-Sync, HDMI 2.0, but that would be like £1500 ! :D

Associate
They have to do something about their warranty and quality assurance issues before I ever consider buying an Acer monitor again. Just check the long thread about the other IPS model. Do we think these will be any different?

Doubt people will pay £1000 for a 2yr RTB warranty and probably backlight bleed issues and dust under the cover?

Associate
Pixel policy will be standard ISO

Pixel defaults (for Class II LCD panels)
The table below shows the allowable number of malfunctioning sub-pixels that are acceptable, depending on the native
resolution of the LCD and allowing for 5 malfunctioning sub-pixels per million pixels.

Native Resolution - Allowable Defects
1024 x 768 - 4
1280 x 1024 - 7
1600 x 1200 - 10
2048 x 1536 - 16
Most, if not all, LCD monitor for commercial purpose are fit in Class II.

From Acer page so at that resolution your looking at 16 or more allowable defects. Of course you can use the 14 day satisfaction but what a tribulation that will be.

That manufacturers think it is acceptable to charge £950 for a monitor that could have 16+ defects, a 2yr rtb warranty is beyond me and yet people will no doubt buy it.

If people voted with their feet we could get this mockery sorted out once an for all. Any chance you can put some pressure on Gibbo. Acer's terms really are garbage for gaming screens with enthusiast prices!

OcUK Staff
OP

Pixel defaults (for Class II LCD panels)
The table below shows the allowable number of malfunctioning sub-pixels that are acceptable, depending on the native
resolution of the LCD and allowing for 5 malfunctioning sub-pixels per million pixels.

1024 x 768 - 4
1280 x 1024 - 7
1600 x 1200 - 10
2048 x 1536 - 16
Most, if not all, LCD monitor for commercial purpose are fit in Class II.

From Acer page so at that resolution your looking at 16 or more allowable defects. Of course you can use the 14 day satisfaction but what a tribulation that will be.

That manufacturers think it is acceptable to charge £950 for a monitor that could have 16+ defects, a 2yr rtb warranty is beyond me and yet people will no doubt buy it.

If people voted with their feet we could get this mockery sorted out once an for all. Any chance you can put some pressure on Gibbo. Acer's terms really are garbage for gaming screens with enthusiast prices!

Pressure was applied and they resolved any issues we had no problem, service from them has been good.

Can we change a standard ISO policy, nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I am so oooooh tempted. But always avoided acer like the plague...

But G-sync and 100hz on 21:9....

And with no indication of how long before others follow, if they do at all...

Would prefer 38 inch though . and i would not accept a single dead pixel though, and would be picky on backlight bleed...

Associate
Going to wait before I bite. Had an awful experience with Acer so far and if I am spending £950 on a monitor, I'm not going to want it to be anything less than perfect.

Associate
Those do look like awesome monitors. Would a single Fury-X drive the Freesync one at decent settings?

I think I will wait for Dell :)

I think you'd be better waiting for BenQ or Asus, as I've heard Dell likely won't be venturing into high refresh rate or adaptive sync monitors.

Soldato

1024 x 768 - 4
1280 x 1024 - 7
1600 x 1200 - 10
2048 x 1536 - 16

Haha, that's hilarious. Like anyone would keep a monitor with 16 dead/stuck pixels anyway... what a joke of a policy, really. Not OCUK's fault of course, but it really is absurd. Thing is though, what about the manufacturers and models that have a zero dead/stuck pixel policy... what would stop Acer doing this? Apart from the fact they're useless and use blind monkeys to QC their monitors? ;) Inevitably there would be cost involved in doing so, but if Acer think people are going to pay £1K for a monitor and accept anything like the issues that have been seen on the XB270HU, they are living in a dream.

Back
Top Bottom