BBC News Sports Presenters

Commissario
I'm guessing they employ enough to do the job reasonably well, and probably choose them based on their experience and knowledge of what they're covering? :)

IIRC a lot of sports presenters especially are contractors who may be on very flexible times to allow for the way different sports tend to be busy at different times (or for example you get championships/world wide events every few years).

Soldato
MoTD definitely needs:

Lineker
Shearer
Wright
Chappers
Savage
Dutch guy
Danny Murphy
John Hartson
That youngish guy (Jenas)?
Lawro

Without these numerous opinions I find it difficult to decide if a player dived or it should have been a penalty etc, such technicalities are hard for one to fathom.

Soldato
MoTD definitely needs:

Lineker
Shearer
Wright
Chappers
Savage
Dutch guy
Danny Murphy
John Hartson
That youngish guy (Jenas)?
Lawro

Without these numerous opinions I find it difficult to decide if a player dived or it should have been a penalty etc, such technicalities are hard for one to fathom.

"Dutch guy" Ruud Gullit? Never heard of him :p

Soldato
Sky sports have new people almost every day?

I think the fact they have multiple channels, one of which is 24/7, warrants a higher number of staff, as opposed to a 1-hour highlights show each week ;)

If you want truly dire presenters, look no further than BT Sport.

Man of Honour
There certainly seems to be a different one on every time you see the news but that is what you get when you have bloated organisation like the BBC.

Underboss
I think the fact they have multiple channels, one of which is 24/7, warrants a higher number of staff, as opposed to a 1-hour highlights show each week ;)

If you want truly dire presenters, look no further than BT Sport.

This, Owen is truely bad.

"Memphis looks like a footballer doesn't he" - Said by him during the United CL Match.

Jesus Wept he is dross.

Permabanned
The BBC hardly cover any live sport anymore, during the Ashes they some live updates were giving by a presenter standing outside of the ground.

Soldato
Hate the BBC Sports coverage but don't subscribe to SKY Sports or BT Sport so have to make do. Never watch MOTD as I've no interest in the PL and don't understand why Shearer is still there. The only person I liked was Robbie Savage as he told it how it was.

Caporegime
The one I don't like is Sally Nugent on BBC Breakfast. She's fine as a news presenter but when it comes to sport you can tell it's all faux enthusiasm, a bit like when my Mum gets enthusiastic about the England football team in the World Cup.

Associate
The one I don't like is Sally Nugent on BBC Breakfast. She's fine as a news presenter but when it comes to sport you can tell it's all faux enthusiasm, a bit like when my Mum gets enthusiastic about the England football team in the World Cup.

You leave my Sally alone! She is one of my guilty pleasures!

Seriously, though, whoever said Robbie "fake tan and missing the top shirt button" Savage. You are mental - he is rubbish!

Football aside, the pundit I can't stand the most is Geoffrey Boycott. Listening to him, you'd think that all cricketers today are absolutely rubbish, and that he reckons he could go out and with the Ashes and World Cup on his own.

Commissario
There certainly seems to be a different one on every time you see the news but that is what you get when you have bloated organisation like the BBC.

Except that from memory a lot of them as I say are contractors (so may only be working and paid for a couple of days a week), or in the case of regulars doing things for BBC radio (I think they share a lot of the regional sports presenters and radio presenters with the main channel/news channel), or other duties as part of their job :)

It's one of those things where any news organisation that does a lot of coverage will have a bunch of different staff, but normally unless it's on TV or you recognise the voice you don't register how many are involved.

Man of Honour
Except that from memory a lot of them as I say are contractors (so may only be working and paid for a couple of days a week), or in the case of regulars doing things for BBC radio (I think they share a lot of the regional sports presenters and radio presenters with the main channel/news channel), or other duties as part of their job :)

Do you work for them?

My memory tells me the contractors are brought in to make programs and that the rest are permanent staff. They do all appear on different BBC channels and not for other organisations. Quite often we get two when only one is sufficient for the job. So one still has to question why so many are employed and that goes for the newsroom(s) as well.

Still we all know what happens to gravy trains and their one will soon shed a lot of carriages.

Soldato
The duo that do the BBC morning news grind me more.

They try and make it like a morning entertainment show rather than an informational one. Its as if they are passively trying to compete with ITVs rubbish but still keep that BBC upper lip.

Its one or the other jerks.

Either suckle at the pump of entertainment and sensationalism or give us the facts in professional manner.

For me it's moving itself away from being a choice for the 'give me straight news and headlines before work' type viewer.

If I want to hear emails in or presenters opinions and chat about whats up then it is available on other stations, lots of them.

Back
Top Bottom