• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia is the king of the GPU market

Soldato
Oh and that guy getting excited that new APU's might offer 30 FPS in Skyrim.. Doesn't realize that he isn't the target market for DGPU's. Bless him he must have wandered into this thread by accident thinking it was an IGPU appreciated thread or something.

Hope by that guy you wasn't referring to me as all i said is that they have come a long way! Doesn't quite sounds like getting excited to me. And to be fair this thread is named king of the GPU market (Graphics processing unit) Intel and AMD have integrated graphics processing units and they have sold a lot mainly Intel, more GPUs than nVidia. So if you wanted to turn it around then yes intel are the kings based on sales. nVidia however are the king of discrete GPUs for sure. Like the other guy was getting at.

Soldato
So it's still technically a high end card, relative performance not withstanding.

Not a clue why i'm bothering with this thread, i could be gaming on my low end TX :p

if the 7970 was still high end why would AMD botherd to have rebranded it into mid range? if it was still a high end card you wouldn't ever need to upgrade. As time moves on so does the goal posts. You may have bough a high end card but it doesn't remain high end after a series of new cards replace it!

Yea go blow off some steam on some games on your technically still high end cards, seems your trying way too hard to troll on these forums apparently.

Caporegime
I don't even own a TX.
Or games, or a PC.

Why am i even here? My point still stands, 970 is high end card.

It is a mid-range card get over that fact.

Besideswhich your semantic arguments are irrelevent. Nvidia makes most of their profits from cards like the 970, it is their best selling card and dominates the STEAM user survey.

That is the kind of card Intel have to compete with with an IGPU before Nvidia gets worried. Even now they could easily combat an IGPU encroaching on that performance, the 970 could drop in price a lot, there is simply no need because they sell by the truck load, because you know, it is a mid-range card that appeals to the most people and hits most peoples budget constraints.

Soldato
It's a good value card, not mid range. As in...it offers the best bang for buck. I've owned 3 or 4 of them.
In a argument over semantics, nobody wins.

Concede defeat.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been foolish.
Now i have seen the errors in my ways, the GTX980 and 970 are low end cards.

Only those who own 980ti+ are high end card owners. Sorry for all i have offended and the misinformation i have passed.

Caporegime
Just to add my tuppence worth, the 980 launched and beat my Titan and then the 970, which matched my Titan, I consider them to be high end. I don't care if people think I am right or wrong but just sayin.

Soldato
Yes it is good to know that the ignorance isn't widespread :D

GM204 - Nvidia's Midrange Maxwell.
GM200 - Nvidia's High end Maxwell.

Oh and that guy getting excited that new APU's might offer 30 FPS in Skyrim.. Doesn't realize that he isn't the target market for DGPU's. Bless him he must have wandered into this thread by accident thinking it was an IGPU appreciated thread or something.

Meanwhile back on topic...

Nvidia king of the DGPU market. AMD need to act, price drops, bundles. Getting actual stock.
You might be trying to make fun of my posts but all you have done is show how outdated your knowledge is on the subject. You have just shown you completely failed to grasp the point I was trying to get across. Along with being years outdated on IGPU speeds and target markets. I love the way instead of admitting you made a mistake you try and deflect what I said by saying its off topic when it’s not.

What do you mean might reach 30fps? Talk about ignorance. Though I am curious what you think the target market for mid-range DGPU’s are since apparently playing games at smooth FPS at 1080p on high settings isn’t the target market.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom