Breaking News: Shooting on train between Amsterdam and Paris

Caporegime
As much as I dislike his views thats rather extreme. Its not like the comment hurt anyone or was aimed at anyone in particular either.

It was incredibly insulting to Muslims, and insulting to the millions who died in the actual 2 world wars.

Permabanned
I see shooting thread and Scorza and i know instantly it is Muslamic.

The guy is from Morocco, A lot of them live in around Amsterdam partly due to the Hashish culture in the Maghreb and you can be sure this guy was another ISIS lone wolf. I will bet my life savings on it being another Tunisia. Background petty criminal, Poverty yet given a home and Asylum in the very country he tried to attack,. It is always the same they bite the hand that feeds them. Even dogs have more manners.

OUT OUT OUT before we chase you out!

Soldato
It could be argued we're in a world war against Islamic fundamentalism. Also I don't agree that crime isn't scary - many people here will have taken the train from Paris to Amsterdam and an incident like this will inevitably make people think.

Think of what? IRA bomb's went off all the time in NI, some with a warning and some without. If every stayed **** scared like you no one would have went outside.

Soldato
Seems like a bunch of people here will once again be butt hurt that the 'region of peace' is going to be behind this. To be frank can anyone be surprised people jump to conclusions when we look at all the atrocities that have happened in the last 10 years?

Not likely it's going to be a Buddhist or Jew isn't it?

And just to add, thank god there's a cat's chance in hell that D.P. will be given Mod status here, because he'll just ban people for views he doesn't agree with

Last edited:
Permabanned
because he'll just ban people for views he doesn't agree with

GCHQ will be most dissapointed. It would not suprise me if someone here was watching out for the "usual suspects" and getting them flagged up. I actually enjoy it to be honest they discredit Islam more than we ever could.

ISIS and them are complete gold dust to the West. Why else do you think is it ongoing?

Permabanned
Don't mention the different Buddhist sects that have been violently clashing with Muslims in SE Asia. Or with other Buddhist sects. For centuries. Never mind the last ten years (of which they've been quite prolific too, but our focus of interest isn't in asia pacific).

Soldato
And just to add, thank god there's a cat's chance in hell that D.P. will be given Mod status here, because he'll just ban people for views he doesn't agree with

Could you imagine the echo chamber that would create, disgusting. That would be a form of torture for me, everyone you speaks to has the same opinion.

Soldato
It was incredibly insulting to Muslims

That just the kind of knee jerk wishy washy PC reaction i would expect from a few people here. He's talking about Islamic fundamentalism and not moderate Muslims, I'm surprised you couldn't understand the difference given you like to see yourself as a detail oriented person.

and insulting to the millions who died in the actual 2 world wars.

Considering that the rest of the world is largely at peace and only Islamic fundamentalism is targeting countries all around the world. And also considering that many of the countries are targeting Islamic fundamentalism. I wouldn't say scorza is too off the mark. The 'lol' comments in return are baffling and quite frankly misguided.

Technology has changed in the last few decades and wars are fought in very different ways now. No longer we draft millions into battle but fought with intelligence and drones. Doesn't change facts

Last edited:
Soldato
It was incredibly insulting to Muslims, and insulting to the millions who died in the actual 2 world wars.

Guess you kind of overlooked the word "fundamentalism" in his post. That word changes the context of his whole stance even if I don't agree with what he is actually saying to the extent he is saying it.

We aren't in a world war with Islamic fundamentalism, there have only been 3 times in history most of the world has waged war, and I don't think it's anywhere near that but all the major powers are physically combatting its incarnations with the exception of Brazil. That makes it a pretty severe problem.

Islamic fundamentalism has a pernicious effect on this planet as does Christian, Jewish fundamentalism. The problem is not so much the Islam part it's the fundamentalist part - it attracts nutters. Said nutters coming from impoverished and less ethically/morally thoughtful regions is always going to have an effect that worsens things. I also personally see Islam itself as a problem. That is not to single out specifically but any thought school that encourages people to remove the onus and burden of responsibility towards something else. Now whether that is a Japanese soldier killing in WW2 in the name of the God emperor, or Serb killing Muslims in the former Yugoslavia the mind process is the same. Such processes encourage a lack of thought because the personal responsibility for one's actions is removed: my officer told me to do it, God wanted it, etc.

So no I don't agree with Scorza that there is a world war going on but I think yet again we have a problem with an ideology that takes people in its ranks through the usage of the same thought processes. Said people are causing problems globally. The answer is not to discriminate but to enlighten them imo. But this is hardly a new problem such thought patterns have been evident throughout history. Hiding our heads in the sand about challenging such thought processes won't help, neither will instantly shouting people down without giving due thought to what they are actually saying. He said fundamentalism - I hope you missed that nuance and we haven't reached the point where we can't question at all. Because when that has happened then history teaches us such thought patterns run rampant at great loss of live and humanity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom