How do I fix my Lumia 820? 'Try again in 310000 minutes'

Soldato
The screen on my Lumia 820 broke a while back. EE / T-Mobile wouldn't help, so I went to a 3rd-party repairer and got the screen replaced, and picked up my repaired phone today. Unfortunately the screen broke in the keypad area, so it recorded a very large number of keypresses and it's saying that I have to wait 310,000(!) minutes to try again to unlock it. I've tried taking the battery out and doing a soft reset without success. I've been on the phone to EE / T-Mobile and the guy really tried to help but was unable to. I don't want to do a hard reset yet as there's data on there from travels that has not been backed up - it broke on my travels. The Windows Phone Recovery Tool from the FAQ sees the phone and looks to be able to install software on it, but doing that will erase all data and will it do any good anyway?

Again, I don't want to lose data if I can help it.

Soldato
I assume none of this data is backed up to Outlook, or OneDrive or on a MicroSD card?

I wonder if you take the battery out and leave it out for a few days would it have some effect? Sometimes time taking out a battery out only for a short time isn't enough to reset the phone. At least with my Lumia.

Associate
Had that a while ago on my 920, putting a different network sim in to fix the time issue then swapping back fixed it, hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom