Anyone still play with Amiga or C64

Associate
Sorry not sure which forum to post this in (GD, Consoles, PC Games)

Does anyone still play on an Amiga or C64, if so how do the games seem today. Would you recommend buying either old system? The reason for asking is that I keep thinking about buying one, but wondering if it worth? Would mainly use the system for games but was going to try and see if i can remember any programming from my youth.

Soldato
I go back to C64 games from time to time - on emulator, though, as my system got dumped years ago (still pains me).

Also did some Amiga gaming a few years ago, having never actually owned an Amiga back in the day.

There are definitely some good times still to be had with them. The games are a lot different to modern games, even "retro" indie games are much of a different proposition, but it's great fun still - something like driving a classic car: worse in almost every measurable way, but still a particular thrill.

Soldato
I think the OcUK forum should have a separate section for retro gaming, both computer and console as the PC - even though the Amigas etc were Personal Computers - and Consoles new or old are still consoles, it would be nice to have a clear division between them. I wonder if OcUK have not done this as it would encourage the discussion of emulators which unfortunately they do not allow.

Even so, a dedicated retro section would be nice.

I never had an Amiga, I was an Atari ST fanboy and despite collecting ST games these days I don't have the system as I sold it many years ago. I still play the games though using the naughty 'e' word I mentioned above. Fond memories of the old games I used to play, ahhhhh Paradroid 90 and Flood...good times.

Associate
I still have an A600 and A1200 and 2 C64s that work. Have several boxes of parts which occasionally get raided when something breaks. The nostalgia is still there and I enjoy playing from time to time. I also have an Atari 2600 that's still ticking along.

Soldato
I have a C64, A1200 Tower and A2000. I still play on them every now and again. Great to play with a Joystick rather than a pad. Still play all of the old classics (too numerous to mention).

C64 gets a fair bit of time as well mainly because I have a disk drive on it and the loading times on that aren't actually too bad. I normally wait until I have people visiting as most of my friends love Kick Off 2, SWoS, Bubble Bobble, etc. and it's great to have a sit around with a big TV playing them.

M.

Suspended
Now and again I do, was thinking about building a cabinet for retro arcade with emulators for C64/Amstrad CPC64 and MAME.

Check out this also if you like Arcades and you have Oculus Rift (you don't need OR to play it though)

http://digitalcybercherries.com/

arcade1.png

New_Retro_Arcade_V2_4.jpg

Permabanned
Loved my 1200 back ion the day. North and south,cannonfodder,sensible soccer and the rest.

Anyone remember a game Ive been looking for for years?

Its a little indiana jones type character and you blow up rocks. Kinda like boulder dash?

Associate
I never had an Amiga, I was an Atari ST fanboy and despite collecting ST games these days I don't have the system as I sold it many years ago. I still play the games though using the naughty 'e' word I mentioned above. Fond memories of the old games I used to play, ahhhhh Paradroid 90 and Flood...good times.

Ditto.
All the same great games the Amiga had, just with **** sound...

Really miss my ST!

Permabanned
Now and again I do, was thinking about building a cabinet for retro arcade with emulators for C64/Amstrad CPC64 and MAME.

That's on Steam at the moment it's free aswell "Game room".

You can allow friends an what not to join your game room which you build up your self, what ever game you link to one of the arcades your friends can play if they want to :D

Man of Honour
I think the OcUK forum should have a separate section for retro gaming, both computer and console as the PC - even though the Amigas etc were Personal Computers - and Consoles new or old are still consoles, it would be nice to have a clear division between them. I wonder if OcUK have not done this as it would encourage the discussion of emulators which unfortunately they do not allow.

Even so, a dedicated retro section would be nice.

We do have this that covers both.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17570998

Back
Top Bottom