Name: NFS@home Air Strike on lasieve5f Application
Project: NFS@Home
Issued by: SETI.USA
Start time: 2015-08-28 00:00 UTC
End time: 2015-09-02 00:00 UTC
Late entrants allowed? Yes U

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/704

http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/prefs.php?subset=project

Run only the selected applications lasieved - app for RSALS subproject, uses less than 0.5 GB memory: no
lasievee - work nearly always available, uses up to 0.5 GB memory: no
lasievef - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory: no
lasieve5f - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory: yes

Soldato
OP
This challenge starts in around a week, if we are going to load up and bunker, I'd say tomorrow or maybe the day after, deadline for the work units are 7 days.

Are not able to partake in this one Andy?

Soldato
OP
Nice dump :)

Could have been better though, timing wasn't perfect, plus I only got enough work units for 4 days because of the 100 work units per core limitation, which I've since found out (by lurking in the TSBT forums :)) I could have got round with an app_info & client state tricking the server into thinking I had more cores that I actually have.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
May the forth be with us !

Just over a day to go and unless the french have something up their baguettes that's where we should finish :)

Will be interesting to hear from Carlos how many WUs are left to do when it's all over but I'd suggest he just ask zombie to keep his machines running for another day or two to get them completed :p

Associate
Sorry, I am overseas.
We had to extend the boundary to q=2700M. Still 100k wu's to process. At this stage it is very difficult to get right maximum "q" because we are getting less relations than expected to start next stage, the filtering and then the matrix build.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Sorry, I am overseas.
We had to extend the boundary to q=2700M. Still 100k wu's to process. At this stage it is very difficult to get right maximum "q" because we are getting less relations than expected to start next stage, the filtering and then the matrix build.
Okay, enjoy your holiday/work trip :)

Just so you know your audience, I have absolutely no idea what "it is very difficult to get right maximum "q" because we are getting less relations than expected" means :confused:

Back
Top Bottom