Charles Tyrwhitt promo code question:

Associate
Hey everyone,

So I've got a couple of CT promo codes, I go online, pick the shirts I want, try to enter code and bang, it comes up saying offer is for a promotional site. I follow the link that appears on the actual CT website and it takes me to an identical looking site with the same shirts etc. I pick them again, checkout, voucher is accepted.

But it's got me thinking, why is this the case? Are these shirts return? Lower quality? It just seems odd.

Cheers

Chris

Soldato
The shirts you are buying are being bought through a mirrored site supplying black market knock offs. Likely any credit/bank card details you have supplied have already been cloned.*

*that might be a complete lie on my part.:p

Associate
OP
The shirts you are buying are being bought through a mirrored site supplying black market knock offs. Likely any credit/bank card details you have supplied have already been cloned.*

*that might be a complete lie on my part.:p

there are a couple of potential reasons, most likely its last seasons, or seconds stock. Might be worth checking the t&cs for the second site

& CT?

Now if I Google Charles Tyrwhitt and click on the official website link it opens up the site and has my shirts in the basket at the reduced rate?

Ugh, confused.

Soldato
I recently got 4 for £100. Great quality shirts (much better than tm lewin and hawes & curtis and reiss anyway)

The guy in the store was very helpful too, fitted me up explained sizes etc.

Recommended

Associate
OP
I have their shirts, I know they're good. I just don't know what the catch is with the separate promotional offer website is. I'm worried they're flogging the poorer quality stuff.

Man of Honour
Gone off CT. I have bought loads of their shirts and a couple of their suits in the past and though the shirts are fair value in the main, their suits are pretty rubbish.

Associate
OP
Gone off CT. I have bought loads of their shirts and a couple of their suits in the past and though the shirts are fair value in the main, their suits are pretty rubbish.

If I can get them for £22.50 a piece that's better than anything else of that price in my (admittedly limited) experience. I've no knowledge of their suits though.

Man of Honour
I have their shirts, I know they're good. I just don't know what the catch is with the separate promotional offer website is. I'm worried they're flogging the poorer quality stuff.

I imagine it's just to try and limit the people not paying full price by trying to keep it only to people who got the email.

Soldato
it does that to somehow stop you stacking offers, for example when I go through quidco, the £10 voucher I had didn't work. Another time a deal for 2 shirts for £40 through a groupon gave me a link which I couldn't quidco or use a £10 loyalty voucher on.

Back
Top Bottom