Retro console and games thread

Associate
JapanPost_zpscl23i559.png

Got a package coming in the mail from Japan, upcoming birthday treat to myself :D. Never ordered anything from Japan b4 so just hope it gets here ok.

Also i randomly found (was googling something else) a shop online which sells exclusively Jap import stuff so took a punt and ordered a couple of games from them (the price worked out a bit better than the current ebay prices for them).

Associate
Been trying to sort the collection out today and get it out of the boxes they have been stuck in, so got some cheap shelving from argos going to need another 1 or 2 big ones as i still have a few tubs with 200+ps2 + xbox games in,snes games and 70 odd psp games, but pleased with the prgress so far

Last edited:
Associate
If you tell us what it is there may be a suitable UK psu that you could use. :D

OK lol, i give in :D Its a Famicom AV. I did a bit of digging and i think i could get away with using Megadrive 1 psu.

*It didn't arrive yet :( (and i've no idea where it is 'cus the tracking sucks) however my other parcel arrived from that game shop i was on about :D

3157abfd-203b-40ac-8361-1e2ee94749d4_zpse22hextn.jpg

Gotta love the Famicom carts, so much more colourful than the grey boring and HUGE NES carts.Well maybe these 2 aren't really that colouful :o

Last edited:
Associate
Did you buy it from hit Japan? Congrats by the way on the purchase. One of my favourite consoles. I have a Twin Famicom and an AV Famicom which I modded with a nesrgb board.

Yeah a MD1 power supply is what I use for most of my consoles. The twin fami actually uses a psone psu.

Do you have any particular games lined up to play? Kirbys adventure is a great platformer and I'm playing a lot of balloon fight atm. Being a Famicom it will play all the expanded Audio games also.

Associate
Yeah it's coming across from Japan, knowing my luck it'll end up at the bottom of the sea.I have Akumajo Special Boku Dracula Kun and Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti sitting here next to me and there were a few games include with the console.

Regarding a Megadrive 1 psu do you think one of the unofficial replacement ones you can get would be ok as i only have a MD2 which isn't the same polarity.

Edit* i just realised you said Hit Japan, no its coming from someone else. I didn't take the big step of ordering anything from Ebay yet :o guess i need to sort my Paypal account out and get it linked to my Ebay acc i made a while back.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it's coming across from Japan, knowing my luck it'll end up at the bottom of the sea.I have Akumajo Special Boku Dracula Kun and Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti sitting here next to me and there were a few games include with the console.

Regarding a Megadrive 1 psu do you think one of the unofficial replacement ones you can get would be ok as i only have a MD2 which isn't the same polarity.

Edit* i just realised you said Hit Japan, no its coming from someone else. I didn't take the big step of ordering anything from Ebay yet :o guess i need to sort my Paypal account out and get it linked to my Ebay acc i made a while back.

Akumajo is a great game. I've not gone through it but it was a lot of fun and a great platformer. I even took a pic ages ago of it.

IMG_5934.jpg

I've not tried splatterhouse yet, you'll have to give me your impressions. I'm currently in the process of making a Sweet Home Translation cart. I have the donor, just need to get the eeproms done to transplant in. It really is truly a fantastic machine and the AVfami is the best model to get!

Back
Top Bottom