New rider do's and dont's

Soldato
same,essential if your competing in world superbike and every millisecond counts then yes,on the road do you need it?

each to their own and all that:p

plus it leaves you with bad habits when you jump on one without a quickshifter imo
I dunno, people on here are always saying how on the road you shouldn't be trying to get you knee down, shouldn't clutchless upshift etc. Because you don't need to on the road, but there's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun sometimes pretending you're a proper racer, is there?! :D

Man of Honour
Stop being a bitch lol.

Meow!

I'm just trying to find out if it's any different at all, it looks like the answer is no if you can already clutchless upshift.

Edit: They're available for my bike and I'd happily buy a new toy if they were worth having, so wind your neck in.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OK so I want a disc lock, one with an alarm would be nice. For it to be worth anything with my insurance though it needs to be Sold Secure... Doesn't look like there's one on the market :/ Do I have any options?

Soldato
OK so I want a disc lock, one with an alarm would be nice. For it to be worth anything with my insurance though it needs to be Sold Secure... Doesn't look like there's one on the market :/ Do I have any options?

I saw no reduction in insurance prices so I've not stated a disclock as then you have to have it on all the time. Mines garaged though so maybe if its kept outside you might see a difference.

I also didn't see a decrease in premiums, even with my disk lock and Almax chain, so I told them I don't have either. At least then if I do forget to lock it, I'm still covered.

As far as alarmed locks go, go for the Xena XX15. It can be a bit sensitive, but is worth it imo

Soldato
OP
Well ours is garaged and it's chained up with a Sold Secure chain as the insurers stipulated but I want to add a disc lock too, more for when I'm out n about etc... I suppose like you say it's best not to tell them I'll have to print the size guide off and check the XX15 fits our disc.

Associate
Here's a tip I just learned this the hard way. Don't assume that just because your textiles are pretty waterproof that the pockets are too.

Got caught in a heavy downpour now my phone is water damaged :(

Soldato
Ha, they usually say that either on the tags or a tag in the pocket.

This is why I love my top box, don't understand why more people don't have them. No worries with fitting stuff in, getting wet or damaging your spine from wearing a backpack - not to mention not wearing a backpack is always more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom