Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Fair point lads, as I said whatever suits the situation. For me I'm happy with either as it does the job, and I'm no way some expert or running gigabit servers where proper cabling is required ;)

For the average consumer I'm happy to recommend home plugs still! :p That's talking from my own experience of course, it may vary for others.

Associate
They are useless. Absolutely crap. Avoid like the plague if you want a connection that doesn't randomly drop. I've replaced my four PLAs with proper wired ethernet and I am as happy as a pig in mud :)

Hmm. I've had nothing but positive experiences with my powerline kits. One in the office, one in the living room and one to my lab/NAS. I can stream 1080p to my streamer over the powerline kit without issues.

Suppose it also depends on how decent the electrical circuitry is in the house. My parents new-ish bungalow only yields about 30Mb/sec, yet the house I'm in now I'm able to get ~120Mb/sec from.

Man of Honour
Why do all mice have bright Leds on 'em. I so need to bin my annoying mouse and find one without silly lights.
And that goes for everything these days, should get some gaffe tape and start making bedroom dark again, without a multitude of what could be called Christmas lights.
Ggrrrrrr.
* rant over*

Soldato
Oh no. I don't know what I'd do if my G500 or MX518 died, their new lineup is not the same. How are you finding it?

I also had the MX518, G5 and then the G500 and from the pictures of the G502 I thought it wouldn't be as good but actually I really like it now that I've got the weight the same.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why do all mice have bright Leds on 'em. I so need to bin my annoying mouse and find one without silly lights.
And that goes for everything these days, should get some gaffe tape and start making bedroom dark again, without a multitude of what could be called Christmas lights.
Ggrrrrrr.
* rant over*

I enjoyed your rant! I think it's probably to do with LED's being so cheap now whereas they used to be very pricey. It gives an air of quality and expense. Oh and the masses being attracted to bright shiny things like some kind of technological magpies.

Soldato
Went down to Morrisons at 10.10pm to buy me and the other half some Gü cheesecakes. On special offer of £2 right now. Bought 2 boxes so I could scoff two of them to myself.

yfgnIcU.jpg

Delicious treats.

Also she likes to keep the glass jars they come in for candles and ****.

As Tuesday is our shopping day at Morrisons I put a pack of these in trolley.

In my opinion the chocolate is very bitter and bottom layer is so dry it takes moisture out of your mouth - Ideally it needs a tub of Langleys double cream tipped in to top of glass jar and as you eat it keep topping up with cream - I much prefer the New Yorker cheese cake.

Still you don't know till you try it.

V F

V F

Soldato
As Tuesday is our shopping day at Morrisons I put a pack of these in trolley.

In my opinion the chocolate is very bitter and bottom layer is so dry it takes moisture out of your mouth - Ideally it needs a tub of Langleys double cream tipped in to top of glass jar and as you eat it keep topping up with cream - I much prefer the New Yorker cheese cake.

Still you don't know till you try it.

Spot on. Haven't had them in years though but the chocolate was delicious. Machine smooth and quite dense. Probably if I had one now it would never taste the same as I once remember due to staying away from just about anything with sugar/salt.

Soldato
Ggrrrrrr.
* rant over*

Don't have your computer in the bedroom. Problem solved.

Man of Honour
Don't have your computer in the bedroom. Problem solved.

Pretty hard in a house share.
But I dont have a desktop.
Htpc is full of Leda, laptop charger has bright blue light.
Mouse for laptop has bright blue light.
Several other chargers have Leds
TV has red standby led, why does it need a standby led.
Tablet has white charger led.
Hair clippers, white flashing charging led. Why for the love of god.

Think i'll get some gaffe tape tomorrow, been meaning to do it for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom