NWA Straight out of Compton Movie

Soldato
Loved this film, the wife was just settling down to watch a load of rubbish on TV so I slipped off to the cinema on my Todd to watch this.
Loved every minute of it, I think I sat like a statue all the way through totally engrossed.
NWA was bigger than I thought. The end credits were the icing on the cake using old footage.
I need the soundtrack but apparently they haven't put one together apparently

Seriously just go out and buy Straight Outta Compton and N.W.A and the Posse

Associate
Can't wait to see this, had some of Ice Cube's music on tape when i was a kid. Even the Eazy duz it album was awesome! Try and listen to some of the Wrecking crew's old mix tapes!

If they do a bio pic on the Wu Tang clan or Jurassic 5 or Bone Thugns n Harmony, I would love it! albeit they wouldn't be anywhere near as dramatic.

Permabanned
Not my favorite but its very good.

Suge Knight was arrested for mowing someone down in his 4x4 when filming was taking place. Not surprising as in the film he beats down some guy over like NOTHING.

Soldato
Not my favorite but its very good.

Suge Knight was arrested for mowing someone down in his 4x4 when filming was taking place. Not surprising as in the film he beats down some guy over like NOTHING.

Here's an extract from Wiki about how he got Dr Dre released from his contract with Eazy E

N.W.A began to split up after Jerry Heller became the band's manager. Dr. Dre recalls: "The split came when Jerry Heller got involved. He played the divide and conquer game. Instead of taking care of everybody, he picked one nword to take care of and that was Eazy. And Eazy was like, 'I'm taken care of, so **** it'." Dre sent Suge Knight to look into Eazy's financial situation because he was beginning to grow suspicious of Eazy and Heller. Dre asked Eazy to release him from the Ruthless Records contract, but Eazy refused. The impasse led to what reportedly transpired between Knight and Eazy at the recording studio where *****z4life was recorded. After he refused to release Dre, Knight declared to Eazy that he had kidnapped Heller and was holding him prisoner in a van. The rumor did not convince Eazy to release Dre from his contract, and Knight threatened Eazy's family: Knight gave Eazy a piece of paper that contained Eazy's mother's address, telling him, "I know where your mama stays." Eazy finally signed Dre's release, officially ending N.W.A.[27]

What a ****

Soldato
I know very little about the 'scene' but by all accounts Suge Knight is a grade A **** and should have been behind bars a long time ago.

Soldato
Went to see this last night, absolutely fantastic film, with some great performances to capture what happened at the time. Great to learn some new bits about the whole era too, being too young to experience it first hand. Soundtrack was obviously great, with the way they used short bites of a large chunk of songs, and then extended some of them out depending on the part of the film. Also loved the reference to Friday towards the end, really want to watch it again now :D

Soldato
Saw it this afternoon.

Incredible to think how naïve the whole situation was. You'd have thought with the serious money going around, that more people would have been looking from the outside in.

They don't show the transitions between the various labels, but it's hard to imagine just how simple it was all shown with near zero ramifications for anything.

Despite being a documentary, nearly 3 hours at that, im walking away with more questions. Ill get digging, which says I enjoyed it.. No masterpiece, but if you have anything for the era, the times and the music, and you were all about it, you'll like it.

Associate
there is so much to the story of these guys lives that they could have made it 4 hours and i would have been hooked all the way through.

Soldato
there is so much to the story of these guys lives that they could have made it 4 hours and i would have been hooked all the way through.
By all accounts the first cut wasn't far off 3.5hrs :p

I saw this for the second time last night. Absolutely great film.

Back
Top Bottom