• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
You should sell those bloody things, imagine the Bacardi you could buy with it!! :D

I am going to be rebuilding an old PC in the next few weeks so I can use my 290Xs or 980s in it and swap them in or out with quick disconnects on the waterblocks.

Unfortunately the original Titans in there will have to come out to make room.

If anyone wants to know which was better 4 up, GTX 980s or 290Xs it was a 1-1 draw. The 980s were better @1080p and the 290Xs were better @2160p.:)

Associate
Permabanned
I've been running my Tri-X with the stock fan profile for a couple of days to see how it does and It still idles at around 30/32, In the more demanding titles like Dying light it maxes at 75 degrees yet I still don't hear it over the low hum of the system fans. They are 4 x 12 cm quiet edition Corsair fans, 2 x 14 cm quiet edition Corsair fans and one 12cm Noctua Industrial. The Noctua's the noisiest fan at 29 dba and it's the only thing I can now hear (I might put a quiet edition back in it's place as I only got the Noctua to push more air at the 290x I had and I don't need it now, Then I can see if it's any quieter). The CPU Air cooler I use is a Be quiet model that also has a 12 cm fan on it. That idles around the 22 to 26 degree mark and under gaming load it's around 56 to 59. Everything runs at stock clocks as I don't see the need to overclock it for now.
It makes a nice change after the 80% whoosh of the Twin Frozer IV card when under heavy load.

Last edited:
Permabanned
still 95fps with 15.8

It's a bit weird they've done that. It's fine for me as my monitor registers as being 75hz so 95 is okay but once I get a 144hz model it won't be. Plus it doesn't work on DX9 titles which are the games most likely to have higher fps levels. There just annoying little choices that don't make sense which is a pity.

I had fraps register a 3000+ fps in a game menu the other day which caused coil whine for the first time on mine, 4 or 500 fps is silent which is good as a few games I play often go that high.
Stalker SOC's menu hits 1 or 2000 but luckily that's quiet. Being a DX9 game the fps limiter doesn't work with that one anyway.

Caporegime
I've been running my Tri-X with the stock fan profile for a couple of days to see how it does and It still idles at around 30/32, In the more demanding titles like Dying light it maxes at 75 degrees yet I still don't hear it over the low hum of the system fans. They are 4 x 12 cm quiet edition Corsair fans, 2 x 14 cm quiet edition Corsair fans and one 12cm Noctua Industrial. The Noctua's the noisiest fan at 29 dba and it's the only thing I can now hear (I might put a quiet edition back in it's place as I only got the Noctua to push more air at the 290x I had and I don't need it now, Then I can see if it's any quieter). The CPU Air cooler I use is a Be quiet model that also has a 12 cm fan on it. That idles around the 22 to 26 degree mark and under gaming load it's around 56 to 59. Everything runs at stock clocks as I don't see the need to overclock it for now.
It makes a nice change after the 80% whoosh of the Twin Frozer IV card when under heavy load.

Just using the stock fan profile here too, my idles around 33/34, and underload, they don't pass 77/78 (my previous single 290X Gaming was around 85/86 on the stock fan profile), and the fan speed for my top card is only around 40%, with the bottom cards being lower, amazing coolers on them, can't hear them at all when im gaming with the sound on, and with the sound off (when i was testing), i could hardly hear them, had to really listen for them, at first i thought, i better get down there and have a look at them, to make sure the fans are going! :D

Man of Honour
OP
hope my Asus is welcome with all these Tri-x :)

KZVjEU4.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

It is good to see an Asus Strix.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Asus Strix, BigDools, Link, Date 06/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Ajaxx, Link, Date 01/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, LoadsaMoney, Link, Date 14/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Radox-0, Link, Date 06/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, neil473, Link, Date 04/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, IainR, Link, Date 01/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Mr Evil, Link, Date 22/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Nutella33, Link, Date 21/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, sothur, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Lokken86, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, djtoltec, Link, Date 17/07/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury Pro.

Back
Top Bottom