Football manager 2016

Man of Honour
OP
You do realise you don't actually have to do the team talks etc? I've streamlined my game to get rid of all that jazz as I'm no fan either. I've also streamlined the leagues so I only have England and Scotland but still have access to 106,000 players. I do hope they improve on the database this year. It is mighty confusing setting up your first database.

Associate
You do realise you don't actually have to do the team talks etc? I've streamlined my game to get rid of all that jazz as I'm no fan either. I've also streamlined the leagues so I only have England and Scotland but still have access to 106,000 players. I do hope they improve on the database this year. It is mighty confusing setting up your first database.

But if most of their 'improvements' are to features you filter out of the game then what is the point of even buying it? You may as well play FM14, 13, 12 whatever. The core AI of matches and club behaviours doesn't seem to have changed much for donkeys.

Associate
I think they should put Football Manager Live in the main screen as a £3.99 a month subscription, that game was brilliant.

I loved FML!

I think they should add the youth academy option from that to the main football manager game. I'm really disappointed every year when that doesn't pop up. Every team I go I rarely get any decent youth prospects even if my recruitment, and youth setup are nearly maxed out.

Associate
Championship Manager 01/02 was the last Football Manager I thoroughly played. Never got into the FM series of games.

Soldato
You do realise you don't actually have to do the team talks etc? I've streamlined my game to get rid of all that jazz as I'm no fan either.
Yes of course, but as Clav said...
But if most of their 'improvements' are features you filter out of the game then what is the point of even buying it? You may as well play FM14, 13, 12 whatever. The core AI of matches and club behaviours doesn't seem to have changed much for donkeys.

Would love to play Football Manager Live. I haven't played a decent online football management game since the great days of SoccerSim.

Man of Honour
OP
Well I enjoy building a career from the ground up. Starting with next to nothing, and ending up with something amazing. FM is a challenge in that respect. I only tone certain aspects down, I love the micro management otherwise. I've also only had the game since FM13, and I've seen enough improvements in those releases to warrant each purchase.

Soldato
What i want is them to make the transfer and contract negotiations fairer.

Numerous times i've had bids rejected when they accept much smaller ones from the AI teams.

One player i tried to buy was valued at about £1, they wouldn't go lower than £30million, but accepted bids for less than £2million for all other teams.

Then i had a player on 2k wages, but demanding 100k from me, eventually sold to an AI time for less than 3k in wages.

The worst is when they try to bid on your players, they offer a ridiculously low amount for the player, when you reject they keep coming back and the value gets lower and lower each time.

One of the more annoying things in 2015 is some of the stupid board demands
i standard in the bottom league (Conference). And they expected promotion, and everytime i was prompted, they expected promotion again. I was eventually promoted to the Premier League and they expected me to win the title in the first year, came 3rd and got sacked. Thats never happened in previous games

Associate
It doesn't feel like any of the changes are going to appeal to me - they all seem very flash-in-the-pan.

They briefly talk about improved financial systems, contracts, transfers etc but the info is so light as to be totally useless :/

Soldato
I hope a lot of the minor, but very annoying, bugs in places have been mopped up. Two examples - your keeper catches the ball but then takes another 4 or 5 steps backwards with it, giving away a corner. The other being a FB hits a backpass nowhere near your keeper, also giving away a corner when there is no pressure on your defence.

Associate
I know those ones announced yesterday won't be the only changes but good lord if that's what's being sold as your banner features for this year I think I'll pass this one by.

Man of Honour
OP
One of the more annoying things in 2015 is some of the stupid board demands i standard in the bottom league (Conference). And they expected promotion, and everytime i was prompted, they expected promotion again. I was eventually promoted to the Premier League and they expected me to win the title in the first year, came 3rd and got sacked. Thats never happened in previous games

Okay I agree the board demands seem a bit unrealistic and I believe they are being 'toned down' for this year. However, the problem you are experiencing with back to back promotion expectations can be explained. I've seen this myself. It can happen for two reasons. One, is if you have a front-end sugar daddy. The board expectations are immediately increased in this case as a result of the extra income. Secondly, it's a simple matter of owning the best players in your league. If you use the editor and have hidden attributes showing when you scout players you will find the best players possible for your income and scouting coverage, but the caveat is your board will expect you to win or at least finish at the top. Now I'm not saying you are using the editor, but you have certainly found the best players regardless. This is the only reason for the board expectations.

Caporegime
I've put 2036 hours into 15 alone. I could write a book on it :D

If I am being totally honest, I've averaged about 1000 hours per Football Manager since (the dark days of Champ) '97?

A friend and I were going for a meal and to see a show, she asked me about it, I estimated that I'd spent (conservatively 1000 hours per year) comfortably over two years of my life in the game, I'd guess from 05-09 I spent double if not more time.

It is terrifying. However, 'dat feel when you win a European Cup with York, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester, Doncaster :cool:.

Caporegime
That is the other thing, clubs demanding absolutely stupid fees for players. Juventus wanted £140m for Vidal. Even youngsters valued at like £1-2 million at tiny clubs I've been quoted world record fees, it's so unrealistic. I tried to buy Sinan Kurt from Bayern and they actually quoted me £105m for a 18 year old valued at £1.5m.

This needs fixing.

Also; it needs fixing that you can always sell a player, and not have to give them away.

In the real world, there are always clubs interested and willing to negotiate a fee for players you no longer want, and no clubs ask for 100 million + for a 15 year old with a strange face.

Associate
Championship Manager 01/02 was the last Football Manager I thoroughly played. Never got into the FM series of games.

Same here! I am pretty sure I had a free copy of that game but can't remember from where... I loved transferring over players on a free, training them up a great club and then selling them for loads!

Soldato
For the first time since Championship Manager 2 was released in 1995, I missed a release when I didn't buy FM15. I did play the demo but got bored with seeing the same problems over and over. For the last few years, I think that they've been removing the fun from the game and adding in features which I don't think add anything to the football management experience - repetitive press conferences and teamtalks etc.. I know some people like them, but I don't. The main thing that the game suffers from though is the poor AI. Whether it's match AI or just general computer team AI, it's just poor. The problem is that AI is probably the hardest thing to code, and every single-player game that I've played suffers more from poor AI than any other issue. For FM, they seem more interested in continually adding extra features rather than fixing this which is understandable in a sense, as I can imagine that getting AI to behave in a manner that is anyway realistic, is very complex. Anyway, I hope FM16 does improve on FM15 and make the game more fun and less tedious, then I might get it :).

You can play "Classic Mode" which takes a lot of tedium out.

Soldato
Transfer negotiations could definitely be improved. So often you'll negotiate a starting bid for one of your players of say £10m up to £20m before talks break down...then a week or so later the same club comes back with a £10m offer.

That's the stuff I'm interested in - presumably we'll get more detail in the coming weeks. I'm not bothered about the new game modes or the terrifying touchline manager model. Seriously, what on earth is going on here

5jhMLMGl.png

I hope they were having a laugh here, because there's no way Jaen's or Newcastle's manager is going to look like that, I'm serious and shallow.

Back
Top Bottom