Football manager 2016

Soldato
Game is terrible these days, really wish they would go back to how things were in CM01/02 days. Too much detail now which 90% of it is unnecessary , match engine is unrealistic, transfers ridiculous, injuries happen all to often. And for the love of god, when is a management game going to come along with a really good stadium builder. I so miss the old Premier Manager days when you used to have to do everything like placing advertising boards, undersoil heating, coverered seating areas, scoreboards, to even making the car park bigger. Just imagine how brilliant they could make it these days. FM is more interested in 10 pages of useless player waffle than a decent stadium editor with a simple match engine like it used to be. They've just totally lost there way the last 5 or 6 years, game is so stale now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Game is terrible these days, really wish they would go back to how things were in CM01/02 days. Too much detail now which 90% of it is unnecessary , match engine is unrealistic, transfers ridiculous, injuries happen all to often. And for the love of god, when is a management game going to come along with a really good stadium builder. I so miss the old Premier Manager days when you used to have to do everything like placing advertising boards, undersoil heating, coverered seating areas, scoreboards, to even making the car park bigger. Just imagine how brilliant they could make it these days. FM is more interested in 10 pages of useless player waffle than a decent stadium editor with a simple match engine like it used to be. They've just totally lost there way the last 5 or 6 years, game is so stale now.

It's a management game, not a football club owner game. Do you think managers are responsible for stadium building?

Associate
It's already got a decent price on it, less than £20 from cdkeys.com with their facebook code.

I've bought the last 2-3 of them off there.

That is a good price but does it come with beta access? I think last year they had 2 versions for sale and the version with beta access cost a couple of quid more.
I've emailed them asking what their position is on it this year.

Associate
Thanks for your email.

At the moment, we're selling as without beta access as we haven't got the confirmation yet that it will be included.

Kind Regards,

Amy D
Support Ace | cdkeys.com

So yea there's no beta access with that, if that's something that matters to you.

Soldato
Okay I agree the board demands seem a bit unrealistic and I believe they are being 'toned down' for this year. However, the problem you are experiencing with back to back promotion expectations can be explained. I've seen this myself. It can happen for two reasons. One, is if you have a front-end sugar daddy. The board expectations are immediately increased in this case as a result of the extra income. Secondly, it's a simple matter of owning the best players in your league. If you use the editor and have hidden attributes showing when you scout players you will find the best players possible for your income and scouting coverage, but the caveat is your board will expect you to win or at least finish at the top. Now I'm not saying you are using the editor, but you have certainly found the best players regardless. This is the only reason for the board expectations.

That may explain the back to back promotions, but doesn't really explain them wanting me to win the premier league, i certainly didn't have the best players in that league.

i think my best players at the time was Ulloa, who was close to retirement at that time, and Wayne Hennessey Most players in my team the coaches report showed them as good Championship players, some had potential to be good premier league players.

most of the transfers that year i didn't get until after the board expectations came out (where i did replace a lot of my team)

Man of Honour
OP
That may explain the back to back promotions, but doesn't really explain them wanting me to win the premier league, i certainly didn't have the best players in that league.

Well I've been in the position once, where I was expected to win the PL after back to backs from League 1 up! It was crazy. But this was only because I was taken over by a sugar daddy when I won promotion from the Champs to the PL. Part of my problem was I had been promoted so quickly my club couldn't cope with the requirements of the different leagues. So I went into the PL with League 1 facilities. But because I had a rich owner, he gave me a huge transfer budget. As a result of this, I had a poor quality club with masses of cash. A pretty ridiculous situation to be in.

Associate
I really don't see the point in being paid a wage? Surely you should be able to save and spend it on something? Something they need to explore in my opinion.

I used to wonder about this also, then I read last year that your wages go towards your score. So if you care about racking up a good score, you want to try and haggle for a better contract. Personally, I never give my score a second thought and always settle for a lower contract in the hope it gives me money towards player wages. Well, unless I manage a rich club, then I screw them for everything they offer :)

Soldato
Thanks for your email.

At the moment, we're selling as without beta access as we haven't got the confirmation yet that it will be included.

Kind Regards,

Amy D
Support Ace | cdkeys.com

So yea there's no beta access with that, if that's something that matters to you.

Yeah it's good if you don't mind not having beta access, for me i'll probably just grab it for that. If you want beta access GMG (Green Man Gaming) had it for a few quid more and beta access last year, no idea if it'll be the same this year though.

Soldato
Interested in fantasy draft mode but have no mates who play this and I don't know how it will work. Loved Football Manager Live but that collapsed. Might be worth keeping an eye on this maybe we can get some games going if others are interested.

Associate
It doesn't feel like any of the changes are going to appeal to me - they all seem very flash-in-the-pan.

They briefly talk about improved financial systems, contracts, transfers etc but the info is so light as to be totally useless :/

But how can they improve the core mechanics when they are still developing the game to run on a 20 year old laptop.

I will probably buy it anyway cheaply a month or two after release, seeing I got back into the game to some extent with FM 15.

Soldato
But how can they improve the core mechanics when they are still developing the game to run on a 20 year old laptop.

I will probably buy it anyway cheaply a month or two after release, seeing I got back into the game to some extent with FM 15.

It won't run on a 20 year old laptop, without huge loading times. A.I. doesn't actually take up that much processing in relation to the cpu's people have now, but getting it write takes genius level coding, something that seems to be in short supply since the Oliver's split. The A.I. in the first Championship Manager(the name for the original Football Manager) was better then it is now imo.

The processing that is done in this game is ridiculous, not just results from around the world, but times of specific goals, the goals(so you can watch replays of any game), injuries and duration of injuries to any given player from all the active leagues the processing does all this, the pitch A.I. is just wrong, the 3D engine has never been good just nice to watch.

I instant result most my games now(that's A.I. instant), and just watch important games or games I know will be entertaining regardless of the result.

Associate

I'd be surprised if the issue is processing time, but you never know. My big gripe is with the really odd things that happen from time to time - I accept that it's inevitable when you've got such a complex organism, but I can't help feeling that constantly adding new features just makes it increasingly complex and thus nigh-on impossible to fix the issues that crop up.

Also, as someone who used to read the SI forums frequently, I think the users are pretty bad at reporting non-obvious bugs. It tends to take the form "I want to buy Chiellini and they've quoted £120m which is absolutely stupid." And then everyone ignores it and we all carry on.

I do still enjoy the game though - what's prevented me from buying it last year, and probably this year as well, is that I just don't have time to really get to grips with it.

Soldato
I'd be surprised if the issue is processing time, but you never know. My big gripe is with the really odd things that happen from time to time - I accept that it's inevitable when you've got such a complex organism, but I can't help feeling that constantly adding new features just makes it increasingly complex and thus nigh-on impossible to fix the issues that crop up.

Also, as someone who used to read the SI forums frequently, I think the users are pretty bad at reporting non-obvious bugs. It tends to take the form "I want to buy Chiellini and they've quoted £120m which is absolutely stupid." And then everyone ignores it and we all carry on.

I do still enjoy the game though - what's prevented me from buying it last year, and probably this year as well, is that I just don't have time to really get to grips with it.

Of course it's processing time, as I've explained, what else could it be? When you setup a game it tells you how fast it will run, the more leagues you selct(more processing) the slower the performance.

The main, and only real problem for me, is the dynamic A.I. ie the A.I. during a 3D match.

Associate
This is the point, it's just tweaks every version to the main mechanics with added features thrown in.

As a guess they really cant improve on the main mechanics when the game is designed to run on a pentium 4 cpu minimum. The one thing that grinds me with FM is the utter dire training module. :mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom