AOC G2460PF

Soldato
Happy with that price.

As keen as I am to rush and buy it as soon as its available, guess I should wait and make sure people are happy with it.

Soldato
Happy with that price.

As keen as I am to rush and buy it as soon as its available, guess I should wait and make sure people are happy with it.

I'm expecting a review sample of this in the not too distant future. Might not have time to look at it straight away mind, may have to let users be the guinea pigs first. :D

Soldato
I'm expecting a review sample of this in the not too distant future. Might not have time to look at it straight away mind, may have to let users be the guinea pigs first. :D

Aww go on, surely time for a quick look and some initial impressions. ;)

Man of Honour
According conversations with AOC it is actually 'overclocked' during FreeSync to up to 160Hz anyway. 30-160Hz for the vertical frequency for an extremely impressive FreeSync range. Refer to my news article.

They're due to be released in the UK after IFA is wrapped up pending no delays.

The "30-160 KHz" quoted is however the horizontal "scanning" frequency not vertical refresh - there seems to be some confusion as to the actual freesync range I think some people at AOC are also confusing the two as I've seen different answers from different AOC reps (not ruling out it is actually 160Hz capable as I don't know who is right - and there are 160+Hz capable panels incoming).

Last edited:
Soldato
The "30-160 KHz" quoted is however the horizontal "scanning" frequency not vertical refresh - there seems to be some confusion as to the actual freesync range I think some people at AOC are also confusing the two as I've seen different answers from different AOC reps (not ruling out it is actually 160Hz capable as I don't know who is right - and there are 160+Hz capable panels incoming).

I also have that feeling, as the numbers coincide rather conveniently! So this will certainly be something to test. The exact wording was that they "support a 30Hz-160Hz range when FreeSync is in use", which is less ambiguous. But you do wonder.

Last edited:
Associate
watch this space and/or other thread "Sexy New AOC Monitors" as I am chasing for 100% confirmation of freesync range before it lands in stock

Associate
OP

Please do a review - that would be awesome!

Freesync range, input lag and overall objective view of the colours would be great :)

Soldato
Please do a review - that would be awesome!

Freesync range, input lag and overall objective view of the colours would be great :)

Oh yes, fully intend to when a sample is available and I have the time. :) It seems if OcUK's due date is accurate that it will be in stock a bit before that happens, however.

Edit: If people make sufficient donations it may speed things up. *joke*.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, so I have just had a reply from our PM....drum roll!

According to the R&D guys in our headquarters; the G2460PF support a 30Hz-160Hz range when FreeSync is in use ;)

Although the panel is capped to 144Hz, if you are willing to overclock it (and void the warranty), FreeSync would still hold up to 160Hz.

So, please hear it here 1st...do not overclock...I know you will, I mean won't ;)

Soldato
So 30-144hz is the freesync range out the box? I'm happy to limit my FPS to 144. I've been stuck at 60hz for years.

And I can't hit those sort of FPS's anyway, hence the reason I want freesync, mainly for the occasions I slip below 60FPS.

Associate
OP
Ok, so I have just had a reply from our PM....drum roll!

According to the R&D guys in our headquarters; the G2460PF support a 30Hz-160Hz range when FreeSync is in use ;)

Although the panel is capped to 144Hz, if you are willing to overclock it (and void the warranty), FreeSync would still hold up to 160Hz.

So, please hear it here 1st...do not overclock...I know you will, I mean won't ;)

Awesome news!! as I stated in the other thread.

The 30hz minimum is significant here as well.

Associate
OP
Thinking about this further - what happens when your framerate exceeds 144fps but is less than 160fps?

Say you had 150fps, would freesync switch itself off (because you are over the 144fps cap) and then you have either the v-sync on/off behaviour as set in the gfx card drivers or should freesync keep itself on (because it is within the range the monitor supports)?

If it remains on, how could it sync the refresh rate to 150hz if the monitor is capped at 144hz?

Back
Top Bottom