• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
That's a shame. I like the price of these and seeing how the 980Ti clocks higher than the TX due to having less cores, I was hoping these would clock in a similar fashion.

I assume these are also voltage locked? And 40Mhz isn't really what I consider an overclock, although my Fury X did manage 50Mhz on the core.

Yeah, they might clock better if we ever get the voltage unlocked. There's plenty of thermal leeway at least!

Permabanned
Is the image in the OP the reference model, or the Strix model?

It looks gorgeous either way.

Edit: Nvm I saw the Strix logo upon closer inspection... The graphs make it seem like a reference one :p

There isn't a reference one, It's either the Strix or the Tri-X and Powercolor have one due at some point.

Associate
Is it naïve to say it is not much risk trying to overclock one of these more? Considering the voltage is locked worst case you get artifacts/computer crash and need to restart?

Soldato
Is it naïve to say it is not much risk trying to overclock one of these more? Considering the voltage is locked worst case you get artifacts/computer crash and need to restart?

Yeah it'll just bomb out during game and either crash to desktop or crash the system and you have to restart that's all. It's temperature that will damage a gpu not the overclock speed and these cards run so cool iv never worried about it. Not until we get voltage control anyway.

Its also worth noting the cards seem to require low temps to remain stable. Someone pointed it out it may be due to the hbm memory but I don't know.

Soldato
What is the reason for the price difference between the £550 and £600 Fury X versions? I have read through the specs and cannot see anything to justify thw difference in price

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Andy, thought it might marketing profiteering. Very tempted by the strix model instead of water cooled version. Shame they aren't putting in a game free e.g. MGS5 or something to make it easier for me t0 decide

Soldato
Thanks Andy, thought it might marketing profiteering. Very tempted by the strix model instead of water cooled version. Shame they aren't putting in a game free e.g. MGS5 or something to make it easier for me t0 decide

Tri X has 0 fan ability as well. Nothing yet but things like sapphire club have hinted future deals. I know you can't base a purchase off that tho.

Permabanned
My only regret is not being able to afford to get two at the same time so they match in every way, Now if I want another it'll have to be a stock clock Tri-X instead of an overclocked model.
Not a big deal but it would have been nicer,

Associate
ive had my fare share of tri-x cards recently 2 x 290's , i went for the strix this time around just to try something new and it fitted in with my red and black theme , the difference in numbers was not huge when i looked so it was all about trying something different for around the £400 mark i must admit i was very close to getting a 980ti strix but it was out of my needs and budget. These for me have to be the safe option with regards to AMDs latest cards the only card not receiving any flame atm

Permabanned
Yeah it'll just bomb out during game and either crash to desktop or crash the system and you have to restart that's all. It's temperature that will damage a gpu not the overclock speed and these cards run so cool iv never worried about it. Not until we get voltage control anyway.

Its also worth noting the cards seem to require low temps to remain stable. Someone pointed it out it may be due to the hbm memory but I don't know.

That sounds like more of a worry for Nano buyers rather than Fury buyers.

Permabanned
ive had my fare share of tri-x cards recently 2 x 290's , i went for the strix this time around just to try something new and it fitted in with my red and black theme , the difference in numbers was not huge when i looked so it was all about trying something different for around the £400 mark i must admit i was very close to getting a 980ti strix but it was out of my needs and budget. These for me have to be the safe option with regards to AMDs latest cards the only card not receiving any flame atm

If something isn't broke why change it?

I often went for Sapphire in the past but I did not like the colours of the Hawaii Tri-x's and after having a nice TFIII 7950 I went with an MSI Twin Frozer IV 290x Gaming cause like you black and red matches my build, I regretted it straight away and was glad to get back to the Tri-x with the Fury, Thankfully the colours a lot more subtle this time around. Having said that next time I'll stay with them even if it's dayglo pink :)

The Strix DCUIII looks like a pretty good card though and I may of got one if it was in stock but it wasn't.

In reviews temps are slightly better on the Tri-x even though it's overclocked but I think part of why is AMD used a non reference pcb which is the full length of the card, Sapphire used the short reference pcb which allows the hangover to be completely open at the back allowing for much better air flow through the heat sink.

Soldato
Thanks for all the help guys, pulled the trigger on Asus fury x for £508, have to wait for the restock but never problem with them getting more trees in the forest

Associate
Well I installed mine and played GTA5 to be greeted with artifacts and a crash. Repeated and got the same. Tried capture one to stress the opencl and had the same. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail. I assumed I was looking at an RMA. I opened the case to remove the card and noticed one of the power leads wasn't quite sitting properly. Reseated them and had another go.

Wow, this card absolutely monsters GTA5 with very high detail and 1440 vsr. I use my machine for processing 50MP RAW images a lot for my job and seeing it spit one of those out every second gives a real indication of the amount of compute power in modern graphics cards. I thought the fans weren't working initially but they are just incredibly quiet and I haven't seen more than 65c.

I am seriously impressed and already considering another for some Crossfire goodness. Only problem is that I will need a new PSU.

Caporegime
Well I installed mine and played GTA5 to be greeted with artifacts and a crash. Repeated and got the same. Tried capture one to stress the opencl and had the same. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail. I assumed I was looking at an RMA. I opened the case to remove the card and noticed one of the power leads wasn't quite sitting properly. Reseated them and had another go.

Wow, this card absolutely monsters GTA5 with very high detail and 1440 vsr. I use my machine for processing 50MP RAW images a lot for my job and seeing it spit one of those out every second gives a real indication of the amount of compute power in modern graphics cards. I thought the fans weren't working initially but they are just incredibly quiet and I haven't seen more than 65c.

I am seriously impressed and already considering another for some Crossfire goodness. Only problem is that I will need a new PSU.

Had to have a check on mine also to make sure the fans were going at first, they are unbelievably quiet, even when they hit 77 like mine do, and they are fantastic in Xfire :D

Back
Top Bottom