*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Soldato
I don't want to take my phone into a swimming pool but being able to answer it in the rain and not worry is something I miss from my z3.

The focus speed the camera should save a lot more blurry pics that ois and there steady shot looks to work ok.

Soldato
I don't want to take my phone into a swimming pool but being able to answer it in the rain and not worry is something I miss from my z3.

Yep, okay its kinda cool to know you could use your phone under water but I can't imagine I ever would, where as the amount of times I've been trying to use a phone while out in the rain are numerous!

Associate
I've always used my phones in the rain and have never had a waterproof phone. Nothing happens with a bit of rainwater, unless you tunel it inside the phone in big amounts.

Soldato
Looking at the first impression shots shown earlier in the week, I still worry about the low-light performance compared to the S6 or iPhone, which is surely more important in the majority of situations.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from poor, but it doesn't look to be a massive improvement on the Z3 in that regard so far.

The outdoor shots and video (including indoor) look immense though.

Soldato
Looking at the first impression shots shown earlier in the week, I still worry about the low-light performance compared to the S6 or iPhone, which is surely more important in the majority of situations.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from poor, but it doesn't look to be a massive improvement on the Z3 in that regard so far.

The outdoor shots and video (including indoor) look immense though.

The S6 uses Sonys previous top end phone sensor, this is apparently their new and improved sensor which they are keeping to themselves for a bit.

We'll see, when are reviews due do we know yet?

Associate
im in the same boat. The natural upgrade would be to go for the z5. But that compact just screams out to me. Unsure if they both have the same size battery or not. Battery life will be priority for me.

Soldato
im in the same boat. The natural upgrade would be to go for the z5. But that compact just screams out to me. Unsure if they both have the same size battery or not. Battery life will be priority for me.

The compact has a slightly smaller battery, but it should use less power so should last just as long. It was the same situation with the Z3 and the compact certainly didn't suffer as a result.

I'm also in this boat, coming from a Nexus 4 and not sure if I want something larger or not.

Soldato
The Z5C is a superb alternative if you don't want a bigger sized phone.

I keep changing my mind - ordered the Gold Z5 but having seen the graphite black in various videos and how it changes colour I want to go for the graphite black version instead.

Decisions...decisions.....urgh! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom