Gear Thread - Pics

Associate
Looks awesome, the white marshall stack is epic!

What is the mauin difference between the 800/900's?

The 900 is a standard 900 4100 except it has Ruby tubes in it.
The 800 is actually a Kerry King signature model which is actually a standard 800 bit with the signature Kerry king "beast" assault gate which I never use. It actually has KT88 tubes which the original 800s didn't have.

Without going into the technical details, the main difference is that the 900 has reverb and also has more gain/overdrive.

Soldato
:D:D:D

I know the gas feeling, would love to expand my collection a bit but it is going to have to wait. My tiny terror doesn't have an effects loop so I'm thinking either a rockerverb or a jcm8/900. I would also require a les paul.

On the acoustic side, I'm doing finger style lessons with licknriff, the guys awesome.

My 2 and a half year old is left handed like me, so any guitar splurges are extra justifiable as he will be playing them in the future :D

Soldato
And effects loop is good but not essential, I've been playing the little amp last couple of days with no effects loop with my big and small board through it. It sounds great.

Good to hear. The main effects I think would be problematic without the loop are reverb/delay - i tried a really expensive reverb - big sky i think - in the shop and it sounded dire in front of my amp.

Caporegime
Good to hear. The main effects I think would be problematic without the loop are reverb/delay - i tried a really expensive reverb - big sky i think - in the shop and it sounded dire in front of my amp.

I am no where near an authority on the subject but I think if you get the gain from pedals then effects in front is better, if you get the gain after delay and reverb then I agree, in that instance it's better to have an FX loop.

The little amp there I only use it clean so far and got my dirt from pedals, works well that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am no where near an authority on the subject but I think if you get the gain from pedals then effects in front is better, if you get the gain after delay and reverb then I agree, in that instance it's better to have an FX loop.

The little amp there I only use it clean so far and got my dirt from pedals, works well that way.

Time for some pedals then :D

Soldato
Just got this last week :) 2003 Swamp ash Studio with Seymour Duncan P Rail and Gibson Burstbucker - Pretty much my dream guitar!

image.jpg1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Totally agree there. I've got a 30yr old Export that I've changed the rims on and keep it fed with new heads, it sounds great. All my cymbals are top line though, cheap ones really do sound bad in comparison.

BTW, you need one of these
2014-04-29%2020.27.38_zps2vuxxonf.jpg

Mapex Black Panther 14x6.5 hand hammered brass snare. It's called The Sledgehammer :D It's also loud, very, very loud :D

Oh man, sorry I've just seen this! This was the snare I was looking at for a long time before plumping for the Worldmax. It's a beauty for sure, I love the hammering on the shell and from the reviews it got they all said 'it cuts through the din of guitars as it's ear splittingly loud'! I've got a lot of things on my shopping list (including this as its cool as) but they'll have to wait as I'm getting hitched next March!

The WorldMax sounds nice IMO, put Evans coated G2 over clear G1 and 30 strand Puresound wires and it really sings at low, medium and high tunings. I used it in the studio in July and I'm really happy with how it sounds. Also got myself a Tunebot to speed up tuning and really help the drums sound as best they can.

Associate
Oh man, sorry I've just seen this! This was the snare I was looking at for a long time before plumping for the Worldmax. It's a beauty for sure, I love the hammering on the shell and from the reviews it got they all said 'it cuts through the din of guitars as it's ear splittingly loud'! I've got a lot of things on my shopping list (including this as its cool as) but they'll have to wait as I'm getting hitched next March!

The WorldMax sounds nice IMO, put Evans coated G2 over clear G1 and 30 strand Puresound wires and it really sings at low, medium and high tunings. I used it in the studio in July and I'm really happy with how it sounds. Also got myself a Tunebot to speed up tuning and really help the drums sound as best they can.

It is stupidly loud if you lay into it and it really does cut through the rest of the band. It's also really good at doing quiet stuff, especially when playing with a set of brushes or rods. It's got the right amount of sensitivity.

I'm an Evans fan as well. All my snares tend to have Hazy 300's on the bottom and a mixture of g2's, power dots and reverse power dots depending on the snare.

Back
Top Bottom