• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
ordered 128gb space grey 6S on Saturday AM. (coming from a 6 128mb, not expecting a whole lot of difference) Been confirmed that it'll be shipping on the 24th for a 25th delivery.

The only thing i'm quite excited about is the faster fingerprint reader, as i find the existing one too slow.. and now that iOS 9 will require a 6 digit pin, it'll be more essential now.

box

box

Associate
Haven't bought a new phone since 2010 (still rocking an original HTC Desire) - thinking of picking up a 6S. What's the deal with screen protectors these days? Are they still recommended for standard pocket use?

Soldato
I haven't used a case or screen protector in years. Don't see the point in having a nice slim phone and bulking/covering it up with a case. I've only recently got 1 scratch on the screen but I think that was from a rivet on my jeans. If you're careful, you don't need one.

Associate
Rose gold sold out :eek:

iphone_6s_3.png

Soldato
Haven't bought a new phone since 2010 (still rocking an original HTC Desire) - thinking of picking up a 6S. What's the deal with screen protectors these days? Are they still recommended for standard pocket use?

I don't like screen protectors but I did get a Crash Guard for my 6. I've dropped it a few times and having something protect the phone is probably why it is still in great condition.

Associate
Ordered a 6s gold 64gb
I fancied a silver with white front but according to the guy on EE phone the only white front is the gold I told him no it isn't but could be bothered arguing so went with the gold again

Commissario
I only ever had a screen protector on my original iPhone, all I use is a Ghost Armor (sic) skin on the back which removes the slipperyness. Providing you take a little bit of care of your kit, it'll be absolutely fine.

Associate
ordered 128gb space grey 6S on Saturday AM. (coming from a 6 128mb, not expecting a whole lot of difference) Been confirmed that it'll be shipping on the 24th for a 25th delivery.

The only thing i'm quite excited about is the faster fingerprint reader, as i find the existing one too slow.. and now that iOS 9 will require a 6 digit pin, it'll be more essential now.

iOS 9 doesn't require 6 digit pin - it only suggests it. You can revert to 4 digits.

Soldato

I previously used a screen protector with all my iPhones up until the 6 due to the curved edge screen. Not been an issue at all, the screen is as perfect as it was when new.

Soldato
Its always a tough choice, having 2GB ram has made me rethink. Many issue is I like the touchID position compared too the Nexus 5X that rumoured too be on the back. Z5 is also interesting, but its a tad too tall.

2gb should be enough, if you think about the current iPhone has many 700mb ram free, if not less. So your gaining a full 1GB extra which is 1.5x more free ram.

I've got an iPad Air 2 and I find it really difficult too get things to clear. Then it leads too why, Apple unlike most other OEMs focus on limiting too what they need, they can save a few bucks, which means a lot when your in the 100m's of sells a year.

1gb is not enough if you need to use a few apps at once. I use my phone for work as well and often switching between apps (e.g. mail, office apps, safari etc) more often than not Safari loses its place etc. The price differential of 3gb vs, 2gb must be small, but the cynic in me thinks that they won't bump it up to preserve the potential to boast about 3gb being a new feature in a future iPhone. However like you say 2gb will probably be enough I hope.

Like I said before there is nothing really groundbreaking about this iteration, and if I wasn't bought into the eco system I think I would be going back to Android for a bit, but will end up with a 6s+ anyway I am sure

Back
Top Bottom