*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Associate
Everything looks great with the possible exception of the camera. Can't understand why Motorola insist on having that touch to focus and shoot in one action.

For those who have the Play, can it be changed so you can pre-focus first then shoot? Adjust exposure manually, etc?

Associate
My order status is already showing that my Style has been built and is awaiting pickup for delivery. Trying not to get my hopes too high though.

I might be 35 years old but I'm like an excited child when new toys are on the way :D

Soldato
Everything looks great with the possible exception of the camera. Can't understand why Motorola insist on having that touch to focus and shoot in one action.

For those who have the Play, can it be changed so you can pre-focus first then shoot? Adjust exposure manually, etc?

You can always just download Google Camera or something that allows this.

Although I can set it to do them separately on my Moto X 2014.

Associate
I'm a little worried about what my Play is up to! Ordered on the 5th Sept, and given a delivery date of today which they then changed to Monday just gone. Nothing turned up, and DHL tracking says it's been in Shenzhen since the 12th and not budged since!

Associate
Has anyone gone from a LG G3 to the X play , get around 4.5 hrs screen time with the G3 when on 4g and watching Sky or youtube.
Just wondering if it will be a massive differance , normally have to put the phone on charge twice when i am at work for 12 hours.
Plus whats the signal strength like between the two.

Last edited:

InQ

InQ

Associate
Just bought a Play in white, coming from a Nexus 5 so my main 'wants' are for better battery life and a better camera plus the obligatory bigger screen.
Not sure i want a phone this big (5.5" screen) so its a cheaper way of testing it out than the S6+ etc that i was looking at, maybe a 5.2" will be better but we'll see. If its not too bad in the jeans pocket then thats a good start! We shall see.

Anyone bought a thin TPU case in white? Can only find clear ones.

I'll update the thread with my thoughts when i've had it a bit.

Associate
Just bought a Play in white, coming from a Nexus 5 so my main 'wants' are for better battery life and a better camera plus the obligatory bigger screen.
Not sure i want a phone this big (5.5" screen) so its a cheaper way of testing it out than the S6+ etc that i was looking at, maybe a 5.2" will be better but we'll see. If its not too bad in the jeans pocket then thats a good start! We shall see.

Anyone bought a thin TPU case in white? Can only find clear ones.

I'll update the thread with my thoughts when i've had it a bit.

I find the phone fine in the pocket and I wear skinny jeans so I'm sure you'll be fine

Associate
OP
My order status is already showing that my Style has been built and is awaiting pickup for delivery. Trying not to get my hopes too high though.

Which colour option did you go for? Over 100 combination's to choose from :p

moto_x_style_colors.jpg

Associate
Which colour option did you go for? Over 100 combination's to choose from :p

Mine is Fallout themed. Black front, Royal Blue back with the lemon/lime accent and the words VAULT-TEC printed on the back. Yep, I'm a massive fanboy :D

Looks rubbish on moto-maker because the blue is so dark. Someone on YouTube has the same scheme though, looks gorgeous to me.

Back
Top Bottom