14 year old arrested for bringing in homemade clock

Soldato
Are you serious?

Yes, I'd rather overreact and look a bit silly than ignore and potentially end up a mess that requires scraping into a yellow plastic bag and throwing into an incinerator.

No, I have not a single clue what an actual homemade bomb is meant to look like. Do they follow a set of guidelines? Are there design standards?

Soldato
So the teacher immediately called the bomb squad and the school was evacuated?

That's the usual response to someone suspecting it was a bomb.:p

you read the rest of my post ;) I simply mentioned concealment in the lining in direct response to the quote in my post.

my feelings are they very quickly twigged it wasn't a bomb but possibly decided that it was a ill conceived prank and thus handled it the way they

He was arrested, profiled and then suspended.

Over reaction much?

possibly, possibly not - depends on how much of a prank he wanted to play. maybe after the teachers and police spoke with him they picked up something from that we wont hear about from the media that led them to the decisions they took.

if not then yes huge over reaction.

Permabanned
maybe after the teachers and police spoke with him they picked up something from that we wont hear about from the media that led them to the decisions they took.

if not then yes huge over reaction.

More likely it was simply sending a message to other students not to do the same. Like after Columbine many US schools banned trench coats. Because trench coats in the hands of young people are deadly.

Soldato
Yes, I'd rather overreact and look a bit silly than ignore and potentially end up a mess that requires scraping into a yellow plastic bag and throwing into an incinerator.

No, I have not a single clue what an actual homemade bomb is meant to look like. Do they follow a set of guidelines? Are there design standards?
How on earth can you be so paranoid and still function in modern society?

Pretty much every single item you walk past every day could be a disguised bomb of some kind. However, given the vanishingly small probability of being caught up in a terrorist attack compared to the merely 'unlikely' event of being killed in a car crash I can only imagine how fast you'd run away if anyone offered to give you a lift anywhere in their metal death-box on wheels.

Soldato
What prank?

Really does say a lot about the attitudes on this forum when the mistreatment of a 14 year old boy by police and the school takes second place to "Well yeah, it could've actually been a bomb".

You read my posts and understand them or just skim a pick out what you wanted??

I simply suggested a possible reason for them handling it they way they did.

Caporegime
What prank?

Really does say a lot about the attitudes on this forum when the mistreatment of a 14 year old boy by police and the school takes second place to "Well yeah, it could've actually been a bomb".

Kid makes a circuit board, digital display and fits it all inside a briefcase, perhapos with the timer showing on the outside and it beeps?

I suspect he was trying to be smart and did make a pretend looking bomb. Of course hes only saying it was a clock he built and took into school now the **** has hit the fan.

Soldato
Kid makes a circuit board, digital display and fits it all inside a briefcase, perhapos with the timer showing on the outside and it beeps?

I suspect he was trying to be smart and did make a pretend looking bomb. Of course hes only saying it was a clock he built and took into school now the **** has hit the fan.

Thank you. Glad someone else understands.

I'm not saying that's what happened. It just seems like the logical explanation for why the school behaved in the way they did.

Soldato

What do you mean he's "only saying" it's a clock??

It IS a clock lmao. :D

He didn't take it to some random stranger and say "imma blow you up". He showed his teacher and never claimed anything was a bomb, and this teacher is supposed to have a rapport with students. The student managed to try to start some kind of rapport but little did the boy know that his stupid teacher is unable to think for him/herself.

People not thinking for themselves is what started this charade and now people like you are not thinking for themselves.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you. Glad someone else understands.

I'm not saying that's what happened. It just seems like the logical explanation for why the school behaved in the way they did.

Or you ignore the boys name and / or skin colour and look at the boys interest in engineering which apparently all the reports seem to be have a consensus on.

If it was a risk why didn't the school evacuate this has all the hallmarks of a major back track by the school for handling the situation badly

Caporegime
What do you mean he's "only saying" it's a clock??

It IS a clock lmao.

He didn't take it to some random stranger and say "imma blow you up". He showed his teacher and never claimed anything was a bomb, and this teacher is supposed to have a rapport with students.

People not thinking for themselves is what started this charade and now people like you are not thinking for themselves.

Okay. so if a kid makes a "clock" and then addes a circuit boards and wires and a vest with make believe explosives and wears it to school, would he get away with saying its just a clock?

This kid could have made a clock and brought it into to school. Yet for seome reason he wires it up all inside a briefcase. Why on earth would you do that unless you were trying to make it look bomb like?

And unfortunately with the current aura of distrust and suspicion , been a muslim and doing that is not his brightest idea IMO.

And as for Obahma saying send the clock to the white house, what approach would the security staff take if a person tried to deliver a briefcase with a timer to the whitehouse?

Soldato
Okay. so if a kid makes a "clock" and then addes a circuit boards and wires and a vest with make believe explosives and wears it to school, would he get away with saying its just a clock?

This kid could have made a clock and brought it into to school. Yet for seome reason he wires it up all inside a briefcase. Why on earth would you do that unless you were trying to make it look bomb like?

And unfortunately with the current aura of distrust and suspicion , been a muslim and doing that is not his brightest idea IMO.

Why have you added in random things like a vest and "make believe explosives" to create a completely different scenario?

You don't make a clock first, then add circuit boards and wires afterwards. And that is not what the boy did.

Also, your last sentence as well as the stance you take simply showcases the mind control I was talking about earlier. What terrible ways of thinking.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You're entire logic is twisted and you've added in random things like a vest and "make believe explosives" to create a completely different scenario.

You don't make a clock first, then add circuit boards and wires afterwards. And that is not what the boy did.

No you are saying its just a clock. Im saying when does a clock just stop been a clock?

wired up to a vest with fake explosives, it ceases to be just a clock. Why does fitting it to a briefcase with other things any different?

No i am just saying that most normal people dont know what a bomb looks like, just the tv/film version./ So if a kid makes something which looks like a tv/film bomb then I can see why 3 teachers reported him and the police were called.

Answer me this? why did he fit it all inside a briefcase and make it look like a bomb?

And of course if asked, hes not going to say its a pretend bomb to a teacher. But I bet he did to his mates at school.

Last edited:
Soldato
No you are saying its just a clock. Im saying when does a clock just stop been a clock?

wired up to a vest with fake explosives, it ceases to be just a clock. Why does fitting it to a briefcase with other things any different?

The briefcase is just a chassis. You build a your project within a chassis, there could me a multitude of reasons why an engineer would want to work within a particular chassis. He didn't just make a clock and fit it to a briefcase. Again, twisted logic caused by mind control.

Soldato

Struggling to find references that the boy in this story is a suicide bomber in training but continue to twist the story to fit your needs

Caporegime
Struggling to find references that the boy in this story is a suicide bomber in training but continue to twist the story to fit your needs

He's clearly not. But until you know that you can see the reasons behind the conservative approach the teachers took.

And yes you need a chassis but a briefcase is not the brightest thing to choose.

Back
Top Bottom