• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
core boost 1450 memory 8000.

Right ok. I did try in afterburner +210 on the core which was about 1424 mhz on boost. But my temps are high at 75c (fan profile 70rpm) while playing batman arkham knight with g sync on. And also I had +285 on the core while gaming no crashing which hit just under 1500mhz but again my temps went as high as 83c with fan profile at 80rpm. And the fan is to loud at that.
I might just stick to stock settings instead of messing around trying to find the best overclock.

Soldato
As long as its stable you don't really need to worry about temps, just set the fan to what you want and then find the stable clocks, 75 is completely fine, as is 83 really, if it gets "too hot" it will throttle anyway, so sounds like you can set 70% and +230-240 and you're set

Soldato
Is that Sea Hawk card based on the reference board? Do we think the cooler will be made available separately?

Corsair hydro GFX ;)
All of these are the kraken G10 + bottom end AIO in a simplified setup. You can do a good bit better (though apparently diminishing returns scale VERY quickly after 140mm rad).

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea how much second hand 980ti's go for? Non reference models specifically

I just got a b-grade Gigabyte G1 card for £389 from OCUK. I was expecting it but I'm guessing they have a bunch of whiny returns. I don't care as I play with a loud surround system and sit far enough away from my PC. A great deal for the less fussy :D

Soldato
I just got a b-grade Gigabyte G1 card for £389 from OCUK. I was expecting it but I'm guessing they have a bunch of whiny returns. I don't care as I play with a loud surround system and sit far enough away from my PC. A great deal for the less fussy :D

and for those that don't want a warranty

Associate
Those with an EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid/are using the Hybrid cooler do you find your pump makes a buzzing noise?

I have just installed my replacement Hybrid cooler and it is also making the buzzing noise and I'm starting to think this might be common?

Soldato

Managed to pick one up too. Wouldn't be too happy just yet last time my B grade 780 Ti was faulty. The replacement had whine but worked fine otherwise.

Last time I checked Gigabyte honored warranty from the manufacture date.

Associate
Those with an EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid/are using the Hybrid cooler do you find your pump makes a buzzing noise?

I have just installed my replacement Hybrid cooler and it is also making the buzzing noise and I'm starting to think this might be common?

Got the Hybrid cooler on my Titan and it's fine, heard the water moving around when I first turned it on, but been quiet since.

Back
Top Bottom