*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Finding it hard to get my light up now. I'm light 289 but everything I get is either a few points higher and not enough to push me up, or it's not even close so definitely hope Xur can bump it up with an exotic

Question though, exotics seem to be 280 light/defense/attack, but yeah I have rares and legendary gear that are 298. So surely you are going to be able to bump that up? Seems silly having exotics that are the same rating as rares.

It actually makes sense to me, I thought it was silly when the game first came out that you had to have legendaries to get higher light gear. This new change is a welcome transition back to the norm for me as its been the same way in pretty much any MMO I've played where the level of the item is independent of its quality.

If you could only get higher light gear in the form of legendaries then you would also have a lot of difficulty increasing light level past 280 as you would need to infuse legendaries with other higher level trash legendaries to level up. This would mean either legendaries would have to become more common at higher level or progression would stall.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I couldn't be bothered to keep spamming the helmet. And the three of coins is stackable so you use 10 and you have more chance of a drop than if you use 1. Doesn't seem to be a duration.

I've killed a few ultras with the three of coins effect on and got nothing and the modifier is still active. Seems to just stay until you get a drop.

Caporegime
I bought five and used them all at once. It shows on your weapons and armour screen but it doesn't show a timer. Just ran the strike and got it from killing the final boss.

Why did you use all five at once? Is that where the stackable thing comes from? The more you use, the higher chance of an exotic engram?

EDIT: Looks like Fez just answered. :p

Associate
I lost interest and didn't play HoW much, but really impressed with TTK so far. Bungie have done a great job with story, the new strikes are really well designed, and there appears to be less grind (marks are obtained at a quicker rate....but capped, and there need to play everything 3 times on each character). I know some will say it's been 'casualised', but the grind did burn me out, so just right now.

Spent the last couple of days doing 5 36 strikes and 5 heroic strikes and already light 287. Getting drops is more exciting, everything doesn't immediately get dismantled.

If anyone fancies a nightfall over the weekend, hit me up.

PSN: jwhalley

Associate
So annoying, so my helmet is 298 light and my gloves 287...so what incentive is there to wear an exotic other than willy waving?

Exotics should be the best items in the game by a long way, ridiculous that they are less light than the others
To be fair, I don't think Bungie agrees with your thoughts that exotics should be the best items in the game by a long way. They've specifically said that they're situational items with unique perks. We've just assumed that they should be the best. Even then, history has shown that's not the case as many legendary weapons have been head and shoulders above exotics.

Associate
What's the deal with Xur's heavy Engram, bought 3 and all are Year 1 exotics... that can't be right.

It is a legacy heavy engram so will only give you year 1 exotics weighted in favour of guns you dont already have (if you havent got the all already!)

Xur does not have any yr2 guns for sale today, I suspect this may be a theme as many of them are linked to quests now.

Soldato
Clue is in the name, legacy engram.

Got my 2.0 exotic collection off to a good start

Helm of St 14
Insurmountable Skullfort
Helm of inmost light
The Stag
obsidian mind
Knucklehead radar
Light beyond nemesis
Graviton Forfeit
Young ahamkaras spine