Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Soldato
Your issue is very odd, you tried all the outputs on graphics card and all inputs on monitor, it looks more like a signal issue rather than panel.

The monitor displays this even without a computer connected too it.

the monitor only has a display port connection unfortunately.

the previous screen didnt suffer with this, it had dead pixels in 4 locations and what looked like dirt behind the screen and was sold as new but was actually second hand.

The front power on/off to the screen doesnt work and none of the buttons along the front work, no menus etc come up.

Last edited:
Soldato
just tried a different dp connection on the gpu and no difference, which i didnt expect it too as it happens with nothing connected as above.

I turn the switch on at the back of the panel near the mains connection on the monitor and the panel just turns straight on as the front power button does nothing, no lighting up or anything.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Finally got one of these, first of gsync is amazing and I don't know if I'm really lucky but mine has not one scratch mark dead pixel or anything. and once calibrated isn't far all my Samsung pls screen. but oh how much smoother is it !!! :eek::eek::eek:

Soldato
Finally got one of these, first of gsync is amazing and I don't know if I'm really lucky but mine has not one scratch mark dead pixel or anything. and once calibrated isn't far all my Samsung pls screen. but oh how much smoother is it !!! :eek::eek::eek:

Your super lucky as both mine had pretty major faults and were returned.

Associate
This monitor is so good! Ordered one on Monday arrived Tuesday with half a green screen :( Disappointing as it is a superb monitor and was looking forward to playing some games on it. RMA'd on Wed.

People who have RMA'd how long has it taken for a new one to arrive?

Associate
It's not so much that the monitors have had problems, I think as consumers we can expect the odd problem.

The issue is how Acer have handled the situation by stringing us along for months offering a new improved version, then just sending out what appears to be defective returns from the original batch.

Yeah this seemed to happen to me, the packaging looked re-packaged like it had been previously returned and sent out again! Not impressed!

Back
Top Bottom