Post Your Chicken Strips

IC3

IC3

Soldato
rosso 2 for grip

dunlop and Michelin were a bit meh for me

Have you ever tried Metzler or Bridgestone? People mostly seem to talk about Pirelli, Michelin and Dunlop when it comes to comparisons or threads on forums.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
ohh I don't know everything,just try to help best I can,but only heard good things about the rosso's

:D

e91b87ba64bf968156dae6090aba5b5c.png

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Probably not too smart leaning so much on brand new tyres which have just been fitted, but I really couldn't stop myself... :p

Michelin Pilot *NEW* (LEFT) vs MRF *OLD* (RIGHT)
eDedI63l.jpg

I don't think I'll get rid of these chicken strips on this bike, but we'll see when I ran those tyres in after 100-200 miles. So far they've only done like 39 miles or something like that. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
You all have so many grips on your tyres :p

People keep mistaking my Supercorsas for slicks.

I'll miss those... replacing with Pirelli Angels, especially through winter, then might get another set of Supercorsas for next summer, but tbh I'm not going to swap between them so might just stick with the Angels.

Man of Honour
Dry grip is pointless past a certain point on the crap UK roads as you'll never be pushing hard enough to make the most of it.

Wet grip is far more important all year round.

Soldato
Dry grip is pointless past a certain point on the crap UK roads as you'll never be pushing hard enough to make the most of it.

Wet grip is far more important all year round.

No doubt about it, but my Supercorsa look awesome and are incredibly grippy, absolutely loved them in Scotland in July but can just see it's not a good idea running them through winter. They have never even begun to let go on me, but there's no way tyres like that are good in winter.

Man of Honour
I'm tempted to get similar summer only tyres on the Street Triple when I get a tourer (hello BMW K1300S!) for the longer trips and poorer weather.

I think you'd actually make use of them on some of these mountain passes... just not on the French potholed ones :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The tyres done 120 miles now, yay! So I leaned a bit more and half'd the chicken strip I had before. :) Slowly progressing :)

dASHzr1h.jpg

wsEfi9th.jpg

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You can remove chicken strips on a straight easily too. The road needs to be empty though.

How? :confused:

Edit:

Oh okay, leaning from one side of the road to the other? Pointless, you can't actually see how low you went in a bend. What's the fun in that?

BTW There're some nice roads around, but you need to travel to them and they're usually busy and or risky. I'll attempt a knee down on a track, too dangerous on the road...

84c46a0845fe0f9316f91953c6fe1682.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom