• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New fury xx, no signal to Asus mg279

Soldato
So just got a new fury x to go with new Asus mg279. The monitor was working perfectly with mini hdmi on the old 290 but no signal when I plugged the new fury x in. I have tried a normal hdmi cable and still no signal. Any ideas why no signal to monitor? Pc has booted to Windows log in fine.

Soldato
OP
No I left drivers on. There is no signal even at boot. Should I put old card in and try again with deleting drivers. The lights on keyboard did the usual flash on off for when booting

Soldato
This might sound silly, but considering that the MQ279 has two HDMI in, is there any chance that you have now plug a cable into the other HDMI port, and forgot to change the input source (i.e. HDMI 1, HDMI 2)? :p

Also I don't think HDMI connection has high enough bandwidth for 144Hz at 2560 res, so shouldn't you really be using displayport instead?

Soldato
OP
Yes i have a display port, a mini and a hdmi cable plugged in. No signal on all the channels.

I have used the 6 to 8 pin adapter that came with the card as the game cable had only 1 x 8 pin and 1 x 6 pin

Soldato
OP
Looking in the PSU box it comes with 1 x 8 pin PCIE cables with 2 of them. Should i plug both in so 2 x cables going into the card from the psu?

Soldato
When you have the Fury X installed and get no signal to the monitor, could you may be try unplugging the HDMI from the Fury and plug into the onboard HDMI, just to check to make sure if the display have not somehow gone to the onboard graphic instead?

Soldato
OP
It only has cables 1 x 6 pin and 1 x 8 pin, so i used the 6 to 8 pin adapter that came with the gfx card. I was surprised for a modern psu that it only comes with 1 x 6 pin and 1 x 8 pin cables, no 2 x 8pin

Back
Top Bottom