OSX El Capitan

Soldato
Mine's currently copying to a usb drive, going to clean install and then copy important files back from Time Machine. Seems to be taking an age to copy files to the USB3 drive though.

If anyone wants the terminal input (assuming the installer is located in the default Apps folder):
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/[COLOR="Red"][B]USB[/B][/COLOR] --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app

Just change 'usb' for the name of your external volume. I like my simple names :p

Soldato
I'm on GM will try installing public version and getting back into normal release cycle. Otherwise fresh install ahoy.

Soldato
Seems a bit nippier in places....

Beachballed a few times when I first loaded Safari but all okay now. Full screen - split screen is very nice and looks great. Cant tell too much else.... Oh I played around with shaking the mouse to point it out.

Bed time now :)

P.s. It surprised me that it was a 6 Gb download too... I thought it would be about 3 Gb (on par with previous installs)

box

box

Associate
Would be interested in hearing how this runs on a Core2 Macbook. Not sure whether to go for this or call it a day at Yosemite, which is still fairly usable.

Back
Top Bottom