Some M Power inside :)

Soldato
As some of you may know from the Meet we had a few months back I sold my E92 M3 and ordered a factory M4 for delivery in late September. Well I flew up to Edinburgh early afternoon yesterday to collect it!

So opinions on the car?...Average...I kid. To put it simply better than my old E92 M3 in nearly every department. Does it sound as good as the V8? Well in all honestly it sounds pretty awesome in Sports Plus with the flaps open but it's an entirely different sound, more rugged and meaty compared to the howl and scream of the V8. The engine itself is sublime, so much low end power accessible throughout the rev range (well up to 5.5k for now until I get to run in :p).

I got up early today and spent most of the morning fitting the M performance Grilles, side gills, spoiler and diffuser.

All in all one happy bunny. Obligatory iPotato pics below and a video to show off the colour (Azurite black).

Car Spec:

Azurite Black Individual
Full Merino leather - Sakhir Orange
Carbon fibre interior trim with black chrome
19" 437M in Jet Black
Front Sliding Armrest
Smokers pack
M Head up Display
Sun Protection Glass
Reversing Camera
Harman Kardon surround sound
Surround Camera system
Speed limit display
Internet access
Adaptive LED's
Comfort access
5 Year Service package

Pics (click to enlarge):

You can see the blue fleck in Azurite Black quite clearly towards the end.

Soldato
OP
I bet the drive back was fun :)

We left at 3 and wanted to get back in good time! As a result the majority of the 410+ miles were motorway (A74,M6,M40) and rather dull. Although the first 20 miles were twisty back roads outside of edinburgh which was good fun :p

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;28642222 said:
Did you get it from Eastern? They had a really impressive M Power showroom.

Peter Vardy, also an M power dealer and frankly the best showroom I've ever been to. Really great service from them all round.

Soldato
Awesome piece of kit, but I still can't help feel the 4 series looks a touch awkward from the half way back.

Love the colour combination:)

Soldato
OP
Man of Honour
I actually didn't mind the sound. After I read the reviews I expected to sound like nails on a blackboard, but found it fine.

Soldato
Outside, regardless the inside 'Active sound' isn't like the M5 (something like 98% is just engine induction noise being piped in from the engine bay http://www.motoringresearch.com/news/bmw-m3-m4-engine-noise-98-real-0513943059) and is actually quite a nice note!

Good stuff :)

I actually didn't mind the sound. After I read the reviews I expected to sound like nails on a blackboard, but found it fine.

"Fine" and "Didnt mind" arent words that should describe the sound of a performance car. Words like "blew my ears off" and "bloody amazing" should be where it's at. For example, my Morgan sounds like a Spitfire at full chat! :)

Back
Top Bottom