• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
do you like the cougars on your cpu heatsink? im running 2 as well in push pull on an ancient CM 212 evo :p works pretty well.
Tbh I actually prefer the Prolimatech 140 + Viper 120 i had on it previously. Undoubtedly the Cougars are good but i reckon for all their performance the Prolimatech come very close without the noise. Might swap them out and get another 140 instead of the previous 120 Viper.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-000-PL&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=1816

Associate
Has anyone been unsuccessful in unlocking their fury pro. From what iv seen at least 2cus seem to be a given :)
In the original thread by TX12 there were some with Fury's that looked a high risk of unlocking the cores e.g. the X's were all over the place. As a result i don't think they tried.

FYI you'd be attempting to unlock 4 or 8 CU's, not 2. The low bios = the far right column of X's, the high bios = the column next to that. Both assume you have 4 X's in the relevant column, if you don't e.g. 3 X's it's pointless trying to unlock them because they have to be unlocked in 4's for any benefit due to their symmetric nature. If both end columns had all X's in or you were feeling brave you could use the 'all' bios to unlock all locked CU's.

Soldato
In the original thread by TX12 there were some with Fury's that looked a high risk of unlocking the cores e.g. the X's were all over the place. As a result i don't think they tried.

FYI you'd be attempting to unlock 4 or 8 CU's, not 2. The low bios = the far right column of X's, the high bios = the column next to that. Both assume you have 4 X's in the relevant column, if you don't e.g. 3 X's it's pointless trying to unlock them because they have to be unlocked in 4's for any benefit due to their symmetric nature. If both end columns had all X's in or you were feeling brave you could use the 'all' bios to unlock all locked CU's.

Fair enough but I did unlock to 3776 shaders at first which is 3cus and it still gave a slight boost in performance. Doesn't look like Il be able to go 4096 going by cuinfo though, it looked much the same as yours.

Associate
Has anyone been unsuccessful in unlocking their fury pro. From what iv seen at least 2cus seem to be a given :)

Mine has a double row of crosses on the right hand side which I think means I'm stuck. I will have a look at my other one when it comes back from RMA.

Edit, just had a look and it appears I might be good. Will probably wait until I get my other one back and have a look then

Permabanned
I've decided I'm not going to risk running into problems, I downloaded everything to do it and the test results read as good for it but I don't think I'll own the card that long, 6-9 months max? So I'll try to keep it as new for when it goes on the MM. That way whoever buys it can buy an unmolested Tri-X oc'd model (It seems there no longer available) that has not even been manually overclocked other than for an hour or two to do a few benches.

Soldato
I've decided I'm not going to risk running into problems, I downloaded everything to do it and the test results read as good for it but I don't think I'll own the card that long, 6-9 months max? So I'll try to keep it as new for when it goes on the MM. That way whoever buys it can buy an unmolested Tri-X oc'd model (It seems there no longer available) that has not even been manually overclocked other than for an hour or two to do a few benches.

Il probably advertise mine on mm as unlocked as I'm sure somebody will like a card guaranteed to do it :).

Associate
Mine has a double row of crosses on the right hand side which I think means I'm stuck. I will have a look at my other one when it comes back from RMA.

Edit, just had a look and it appears I might be good. Will probably wait until I get my other one back and have a look then
Get it unlocked, if it's a Sapphire you have the added security of dual bios support so safe as houses! Potential for a full blown Fury X :)

Associate
Fair enough but I did unlock to 3776 shaders at first which is 3cus and it still gave a slight boost in performance. Doesn't look like Il be able to go 4096 going by cuinfo though, it looked much the same as yours.
If it's similar to my read out then go for unlocking 4, it's worth the boost provided it's stable :)

Associate
As with previous comment above, go for it! You can always restore it to the original state prior to sale and with dual bios support it's a no brainer (imo).

Back
Top Bottom